Chapter 6

Her eyes watered as she was forced to look up to him. She saw his determination and slumped against his hold on her head.

"Why are you doing this?" She hiccuped.

He didn't speak a word. Letting go off her her spun around in his seat. Gritting his teeth together he threw the glass in his hands sideways making her gasp in horror and stood up.

"It's up to you whether you want to run or stay. You know where your room is. If you plan to stay there will be a new dress on the bed. The gathering starts in another two hours." He spoke solemnly with his back towards her and left.

Squeezing her eyes shut she slouched defeatedly. Cupping her face in her hands she sobbed uncontrollably.

Two hours later, she stood in front of the large window facing the lake wearing the delicate strapless black gown. The slight reflection loathing at her.

She was blessed with a beautiful face and body. Even though she wasn't that fair, she had a blemish free dusky complexion. The hazy image of the cat like eyes staring back at her were sparkle free, devoid of any emotion. No doubt the dress attenuated her features but it was unable to bring back the colour to her face.

"Miss Sarah?" She heard a knock on the door. Blinking back her tears she turned around.

"You look beautiful ma'am." Despite her hate for the owner of the house she couldn't help but develop a liking for the old butler.

"Thank you." She whispered barely managing a smile.

"Master James is waiting for you." She felt a shiver run down her spine.

Taking a deep breath she moved out behind Patrick. James room was an hallway away from hers but it had the same facing of the lake which finally overlooked the city. He stood with his broad back towards her holding a glass of whiskey.

Suited up in a black blazer and a crisp white shirt with black pants he had the perfect looks of a model. It was obvious that he worked hard on his body.

"Thank you Patrick. Make sure our guests feels at home."

"Yes Sir."

The moment he turned around and his green eyes fell on hers she saw it for the first time in his eyes...hatred.

"Come here."

Her eyes widened a little. He eyed her from top to bottom and when she didn't move, he took steps towards her making her grasp the handle of the door a little tightly. Her breaths came out in short gasps as he stood a few feet apart from her.

"I asked you to do something Sarah." He was intimidating. Paralyzed she just looked up at him dumbfounded. It was when he closed the remaining distance and raised his hand that she came back to her senses. She flinched turning her head towards the side fisting her other hands fingers. In seconds she was snatched away from her small hiding place besides the door and with a loud bang the door was shut close.

"How many times do I have to make myself clear? When I tell you to do something you do it?!" His hand gripped her upper arm in steel like grip. She tried to step back only to find his hold tighten. She gave a whimper of protest but it was useless.

"Please.." She begged. She didn't have strength for anything now. She just wanted to run away from him.

He pulled her in front of the mirror. Opening the drawer he took out a diamond necklace and put it smoothly around her neck.

"Let this be the last time you disobey me. I expect you to behave today."
Keeping his hold a little tighter than normal on her hand he moved outside.

As she followed him her heart constricted with every step. Walking behind him her shivering hand travelled to her neck touching the sparkling stones. She felt disgusted.

It was as if he had put a leash around her neck making her his property.

Author's Note:-

I'm really sorry for the long wait.

Thank you for such beautiful personal messages. If I've not responded to you I'm getting there :) Please be patient with me. Thanks for the immense support, concern and love.

Wattpad will always be my 'safe haven'.
Like I always say writing helps me deal with situations keeping me sane :)

This is a huge shoutout to all the new readers, voters and followers. I am where I am only because of you.

<3 Special love to this little bunch of 20-25 whose reading 'Brutal'<3

And no I'm not giving up on my books guys! I will definitely write. Just that the updates will be slower than usual.

Comment!

xoxo Lily<3