Chapter 22

James ran his hands from her arms upto her shoulders and gently turned her around. Taking in the taut muscles bulging though his shirt her eyes roamed to his strong shoulders and finally met his eyes. Sarah almost froze at the tranquility she saw in his eyes. She didn't see his usual ominous gaze instead she witnessed gentleness. She took in shallow breaths and her heart fluttered with an unsettling anticipation. Almost cautiously he raised his hand and caught a strand of her hair tucking it behind her ear. Her bosom rose and fell with each breath and her lips parted with anticipation.

"Peter.." She whispered.

"Patrick's taking care of him." His possesive voice sent shivers down her spine.

"I shoul.."

"You should sleep here." Unable to utter a word she couldn't turn her gaze away from his. The next moment she found herself being swept in his embrace. She let out a gasp and clung to his shoulders for support as he carried her to the bed. Placing a knee on the bed he gently dropped her down. The cover up over her sheer night gown slid exposing her creamy skin to him.

His eyes clearly displayed lust and desire for her. Before he could stop himself he reached out and his thumbs gentle circles over her shoulder forcing the cover up to slip back completely. Immediately red crept up her cheeks and she lowered her eyes down. He bent down and ran his lips at the junction of her neck and shoulder. But the moment she had lowered her eyes her gaze got fixed onto the finger prints from his brutal grip a few minutes ago. Red angry marks screamed back at her.

Within seconds she came out of her haze. Chaotic shadows of her broken world danced in front of her eyes. Him almost killing her father, raising his hand on her, forcefully marrying her and finally that ugly night where he tried to force himself on her. She looked at their reflection in the opaque window. He had a firm grip on her waist and she was almost sitting on his lap with her legs on either side if him. He kissed her neck hungrily roaming his hands lavishly over her. Bile rose to her mouth comprehending the position they were in. What was she about to do?!

"Stop.." She spoke numbly.

But James was too caught up in the moment. Letting his tongue lick her jaw he reached for her lips. The moment he placed his lips over hers he tasted the salty liquid. His head snapped and he looked at her. She was crying. He then realised about the position they were in. She scrambled back immediately. Pulling the cover up over her she got up from the bed.

"Don't touch me again!" She babbled incoherently.

As she turned towards the door he held her wrist. The pressure increased and so did the pain to excruciating.

"Ahh.." She whimpered trying to twist out of his grasp. He stood up and jerked her body to him, his fingers digging into her upper arms.

"James please!"

"You liked my touch!" He spoke through gritted teeth.

"I didn't!"

"Stop pretending that I tried to force you!" She gulped at the sudden change of his behavior.

"Let go off me.."

"You'll sleep here." He put forward dominantly. She stopped struggling. More tears found way.

"You don't I understand..do you?!" She spoke heartbroken. All she wanted was for him to say a simple 'sorry'. To tell her that he wouldn't do it again. In anger he pushed her aside. If not for the dresser she would have fallen down.