Chapter 24

She limped up to her room. Once inside she saw Peter fast asleep with one of his legs over the quilt. Going to him she kissed his forehead lovingly and covered him up properly. As she stood and looked at him tears rolled out freely. She shouldn't have bought him to his mansion. He was safe at the boarding. How would she protect him from James now? Moving inside the bathroom she stripped naked and entered the shower. Out of disgust she rubbed herself raw not bothering about the pain. Giving in to her abused state her legs finally gave way and she fell down to the floor sobbing bitterly.

James stormed outside. His needed to vent out and the only way was beating Matt Clarkson to pulp. He drove amidst the snow flurries, mad with rage. The barely functional roads didn't stop him from reaching his destination.

"I didn't.." She had cried last time.

"I didn't do it." She had begged him to believe her. Her watery eyes and the fearful gaze got stuck in his mind. He didn't believe her. Pressing the pedal a little harder he tried to relieve his anger. After an agonizing drive of about an hour he finally parked his car outside his warehouse. Guarded by his men the old and rusty building held his prey. He would make that b*stard pay.

Running down the dingy stairs he entered the huge hall. Towards the other side Matt Clarkson was tied to a chair. Already bleeding from James assault earlier today, he witnessed James proceed towards him with a menacing look on his face. A single bulb hung and swayed over the scared rat. A musty smell of sweat and dampness engulfed the entire area. About ten burly men with guns stood with intense looks on their face.

"Laying a hand on their boss's wife?" They knew what was about to come.

Eyeing him with disgust James threw his overcoat on the ground and aimed for Matt's.

"Please no!" 

Opening the first two buttons of his shirt James rolled his sleeves up kicked him on the shin.

"Ahh!" He screamed in agony.

Moving to the table on the side he poured himself a drink and took a long sip.  Holding the glass of whiskey in his hand he motioned one of his men who  dragged a chair and placed it opposite to Matt. Taking his time James wrapped the thin pieces of cloth in a systematic manner on around his hand and thumb.Lighting the cigar next he let out a puff of smoke.  Legs wide open with his trousers hitching up to his ankles he sat on the chair and bent forward. Letting out a puff of smoke over Matt's face he made him cough.

"I..I'm s..sorry! He stuttered. Green eyes pierced through his fearful ones.

"Would you like a drink Matt?" James spoke calmly. To which he shook his head like a maniac.

"Huh?"

"Pl...please let me go!" He begged.

"I asked would you like a drink Mr. Clarkson?!" James shouted. Matt squeezed his legs together.

"Ah! He wants to take a piss!" The entire area echoed with laughter.

"I insist Mr. Clarkson. Please have a drink with me." Out of fear he nodded. With a contemptuous smile James splashed his entire glass of whiskey on Matt's face who gasped for air. The alcohol content burning his gashes making him howl with pain.

"How dare you touch her?! You lied last time as well?!" Throwing the empty glass aside James bellowed hitting him thrice on the nose causing fresh blood to spill out.

"I'm sorry..." Matt hiccuped. As if on cue one of his men gave him another lighted cigarette.

"Smoking...Matt...is injurious to health." He sneered. With a swift movement he t he pressed both the cigarettes on Matt's hands which were turned upside down refrained with ropes. Rotating them in a synchronized manner James gritted his teeth and waited for the paper confined tobacco to extinguish on Matt's skin. His prey writhed with pain and discomfort.