C H A P T E R 3

"So.." He says.

"Um.." I reply trying desperately to find conversation.

"When would be a good time to tutor you in English?"I ask.

"Let me give you my address and tomorrow after school?"

"Sure"

"Sara! Put the dishes away!" Mom calls knocking on the door.

"Okay, Momma. Give me a minute, I'm.. Uh..Changing" I try to think of am excuse.

"I wish you were"

"I would so slap your arm right now" I whisper.

"Are you talking to yourself?" Momma asks.

"YES I AM MOMMA IM CRAZY" Chase yells in a high pitched voice.

This time I don't hesitate to slap his arm, hard.

"OUCH, SH-" I pull my sleeve up quickly and put it over his mouth to silence this idiot.

"Are you okay in there?" Momma asks.

"Yes, Momma. I'm fine. I'll be down in a minute"

"Okay" She said before I heard footsteps lead away from the room.

"Fuck you!' I whisper yell to Chase, who only smirks.

"I love it when you talk dirty to me."

"Oh.My.God, Get out of my room right now before I flipping push you out the window!" I urge him.

"Babe, why you gotta be so rude?"

"Don't you know I'm human too" I couldn't help but sing along.

Gosh darn it! I need to control my mouth.

Chase bursts into laughing and I quickly put my sleeved hand over his mouth.

"Shut up" I whisper.

Then he bites my hand.

"That's it!" I mutter before I go on slapping his arms and stupid beautiful face , he just quielty laughs with his eyes shut tightly. As if he's enjoying this?!

"Get out!" I yell, pointing to the window.

"Okay, Okay!" He puts his hands up in defense before he walks out of the window, which I shut and lock after him.

I take my prayer set off and put on flip flops before going downstairs.

"There you are!" Momma exclaimed, before leaving the kitchen. Jamila walks up to me with a smirk

"I know you had a boy up there" She begins in an evil voice.

"Jamie, I swear to Allah, Wallah he found the house somehow and he kept tapping on the window and he wouldn't-"

"Who is he?" She interupts, crossing her arms.

"Chase Parkers, Jamie please don't tell anyone! I didn't ask for him to come and of course nothing happened" I tell her hopefully.

"Me keeping my mouth shut costs a price.." She began, now walking in circles arond me.

"What's the price?" I ask.

"Ah-Ah! Silence!" She replied wagging her pointer finger, I instantly shut up.

"Dishes, two weeks. Laundry, One week and lastly, clip my toe nails" She said.

"No! No way!"

"Okay" She said crossing her arms, before yelling "MO-" I shut her up by putting a hand on her mouth.