Chapter 20

Hi guys! I'm so so so so sorry for not updating in forever, MAJOR case of writers block! Anyways, here's a new chapter!

-----

Chase's POV

I never really understood the real point of religion. It was always just a set of rules someone made up to control how you live your life.

I was never religious at all, and coming from a very religious family it was tough not truly believing it.

But man, Islam. I never really knew what it was, what is was about. But I really wish I did before. All I knew before about Islam was what the media decided to tell us. Let me tell you know, its all bullshit. And what Sara was, how she acted, that was what Islam really was all about.

And if I die tomorrow, I will be truly happy with my life and who I am. I will feel fufiled. There's just one more thing I need to do..

Its been a month after graduation, and summer was half over. I just came from the masjid which was holding taraweeh prayer. It was my first Ramadan and I was trying to not slack at all in my deeds.

I know that I haven't been converted for that long, but I was truthfully scared. The idea that any day I could die, any day could be my last kept me motivated.

There was one other thing, or shoukd I say, person that has greatly motivated me.

"Sara," I call her name as she comes towards me. She looked lovely as always, wearing a simple black abaya and green scarf. Simple, yet so beautiful.

"Chase. Salaam wa alaykum! " she greeted, her mom beside her. I greeted her mom with a hand on my heart and a smile.

"How is everything , Chase ?" Her mom asked me, with her accent. I really wanted to learn Arabic.

Maybe Sara could teach me

"Everything has been well, alhamdulilah! How about you ?" I ask her. After a short conversation they both leave, and I did too.

But what didn't leave was the image of Sara, slightly flushed with a bright smile.

Her smile brought me joy, she had that kind of smile that made you smile. The kind of smile that she could cheer you up.

The type of smile I'd love to see everyday for the rest of my life.

And that's where I was getting ahead of myself. Like God, I need a chill pill. Were only eighteen! That's too young to get married. Right?

Right ?

Well, shoot.

Sara's POV

Lately Ive been super stressed, waiting for the letters to come in that will determine my future.

I was stressed about me and Mary, she was going to study in community college while I would maybe be in a different town, state, heck -even country. I was afraid that our friendship wouldn't last snd wed drift apart.

And I was stressed about Chase. About our relationship. What was going to happen between us ? Is anything even going to happen ? Ya Allah, my hair is falling out and Im getting stress pimples from this.

"Sara! There's some mail for you! " Jamila called from down stairs. My breath got caught in my throat and the nervousness krept through me.

I jogged downstairs to find my sister impatiently holding out mail with her hand, giving me an annoyed look.

I took it and sat on the couch.

Well, this is it.