C H A P T E R 17

Hehe maybe I'll make you wait on what Chase tells Sara...(;

KIDDING KIDDING.

Enjoy inshallah.

We just walked out of the masjid, we were praying jumah. Jamila was yapping about some hot guy with a beard when I saw him.

He wasn't here for prayer, pretty sure it was for a lesson. Our masjid teaches converts all the basics of Islam, if they choose to.

When he called me that night, it was like all my prayers were answered. But for some reason my heart still didn't feel whole.

Because he's still not yours, idiot.

"I've been thinking about it for a while now. I just wasn't sure, I didn't know how my family would take it. Then I realized, they'd love me no matter what." Was the first thing he said. My heart began to speed up as I anticipating his next words.

"Oh, by the way! Can we schedule another English lesson, we haven't had one in forever and I have a final on that soon!" He now said.

"Okay" I said, almost silently.

"Great! Anyways, as I was saying. I wanted to know more about it first, you know? You were the one who introduced me to it, Sara. And I can't thank you enough for that."

Get to the point, dude.

"What happened next again...hmm.. oh yeah! And then I went to the masjid and got to known people there and asked questions. Oh my Lord, Sara. They were the nicest people ever." I gave him a small chuckle, words failing me.

"I didn't want to tell you anything.. Because what if in the end I decided to not go through with it? I wanted to be sure. I wanted to.. I wanted to already convert before I told you anything."

And that's when I felt like everything changed.