C H A P T E R 9

"Let's go in here!" Mary exclaimed, pointing to Urban Outfitters.

"Can we get food already?" I groan. Adam laughs while Chase smirks. "I agree, we've been here for what..five minutes? We really need some food." Chase says.

She rolls her eyes, "After we shop here, and Bath and Body Works." She said motioning towards the store next to us. I ended up buying two new scarves for my already large collection and another pair of leggings. Mary, on the other hand walks out with four bags.

Adam even bought a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

"Chase, come on buy something." I beg, not wanting him to be the other one not getting anything.

"No, No I'm fine."

"Then I'll buy you something. How about some Cologne? You do really smell bad." I tease, he rolls his eyes.

"I'll buy myself some, just for you, Princess." I feel my cheeks heat up and Mary nudges me before clearing her throat.

"So, Adam. Do you play any sports?" Mary asks, as if she doesn't already know his life story.

"Yes, I play football. I'm coming to this schools team now." He replied.

"How cool! Chase plays too, I think." I reply.

Chase forces a smile, "I might..Try outs aren't till next week."

"So, Bath and Body works now?" Mary asks, we all laugh and follow her.

"Mm, Chase. This scent really fits you" I say showing him the bubble gum perfume.

"Totally." He replies laughing.

I wonder what he smelled like, perhaps tropical berries, maybe like mint..or musk, wow I hope not musk. Or maybe he just smelled like boy. I'd never know.

"So, Sara. We never did that English tutoring."

I wince "Yikes, you must be failing without my help. Tomorrow I'm free."

He smiled, "That's perfect! Because I made plans with your grandma tomorrow anyways." I sent him a playful glare.

"Granny is back?? Why didn't I know this, Sara?!" Mary exclaimed.

"Uh..slipped my mind?"

"Whatever." She mutters carrying all her perfumes, body washes and candles to the cashier. I picked up one new candle, it was a summer scent. I couldn't wait for the winter scents.

After that, we finally got to eat. "Where do you guys want to eat?" Mary asks.

"Hmm.." I think. "I'm getting pizza and jamba juice."

Chase got a burger and fries, Mary got the same and Adam also got jamba juice and pizza.

"Halal twins!" Adam exclaimed, I giggled a little.

"What does halal mean?" Chase asks.

"Halal is something you're not" I reply jokingly, even though it was the truth in a way.

-------------

"Thanks for dropping me off." I say to Chase, our eyes meet and he gently smiles.

Lower your gaze! I yell at myself. Slowly, I lowered my eyes from his.

"Always a pleasure. Anything to stay away from home."

I give him a concerned look, "What's wrong at home?"

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Parents who think I'm worthless and a complete failure. Heck, I was am accident. I get reminded by them enough."

The extreme urge to hug him came, But I knew I couldn't.  The only way I could attempt to comfort him was with words.

"You are anything but a failure and worthless human being, don't listen to them. I would say I'm sorry but that wouldn't really fix much." I let out an awkward chuckle.

He stares at me and my heart rate goes up, "Do you like Adam?" He suddenly asks.

I bite my lip awkwardly, "Not really." I reply honestly. A small smile returns to his face.

"See you tomorrow, Sara." He said, I smiled quickly and opened the door.

"See you later, Alligator." I reply getting out of the car and closing the door. I make sure I have my bags as I walk inside my house.

I notice that he doesn't drive away until I'm safely inside.

--------

There's something I want to address, this isn't the most religious book. There's cursing, looking, hanging out alone. And I'm sorry if that bugs you, really I am. But I'm honestly trying to make this book more realistic. So yeah..hope you enjoyed (: