The Dark Ages

Black always seemed like a sad colour. Unlike blue that was also considered sad, Blue could also remind you of Bluebells or the sunny sky or the sea while Black can only remind you of emptiness and death. Harry thought this through deeply when looking in the mirror in his black suit for Zayn's funeral. It had been a month since Zayn's shocking suicide and everyone has been coping in different ways. Harry has been there with Louis every step of the way meaning everyone in the entire school now knows of their 'budding friendship' which is total bullshit cause there secretly banging each other anywhere they can. Niall and Lou and in denial, not wanting to admit that there punk friend they used to party with had a much darker and more upsetting side. Perrie has been a wreck. Non-stop crying and bursting into panic attacks at school, she now has weekly counselling sessions with a therapist to help her cope, which is the best thing they can do at the moment. Liam has been the worst, at the end of the day he was part of the reason Zayn killed himself and he did witness the very last moments of Zayn Malik.

As students and teachers alike filed into the mosque ready for Zayn's emotion farewell. Student draped in black along with their teachers. Liam stood at the front of the room next to Trisha, Yaser and Zayn's sister, he looked inconsolable and very pale and ill, Harry was shocked at the state of Liam. Gemma and Anne walked behind Harry and Gemma seemed worried about the health and feelings of Liam. Harry now joined Louis and Eleanor (who was suspicious about Harry suddenly joining them) next to Eleanor was Stan and Nick who seemed just as shocked as everyone else. At the front next to the podium was a framed picture of Zayn next to a brown, wooden coffin which contained the remnants of Zayn's body.

One-by-one, members of Zayn's family gave a speech similar to each other. Yaser talked about how smart Zayn was and shared little anecdotes about Zayn when he was growing up and how he came to such a tragic end. Trisha broke down halfway through her speech, she became so stricken with grief that she was unable to speak any longer and she quickly kissed Zayn's coffin and sat back down. With a few prayers to Allah and hymns in Punjabi, it was time to bury the body. A collection of Zayn's cousins got up and carried the coffin on one shoulder each. They carried it down the aisle of the mosque and Trisha and Yaser, along with more members of Zayn's family trailed behind. Once the coffin was out the door, that was prompt for everyone else to file out and leave.

Liam quickly rushed ahead of everyone in a fit of tears and anger, Harry nudged Gemma in the direction of him. Around the side of the mosque away from everyone, Liam was crying and punching the brick structure of the mosque, grazing his knuckles. Gemma appeared in front of Liam and had a hand on Liam's shoulder and pulled him in for a hug.

"Look. I'll be ok" Gemma spoke

"I-I just f-f-feel guilty about what h-happened" Liam stuttered

"It's not your fault. Not like you pushed Zayn off the building"

"If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be dead"

"No. You didn't cause that. Trisha did." As harsh as it may have sounded, Liam knew deep down that Gemma was right.

"I k-kept thinking over these p-p-past f-few weeks, I need to sort things out with you, c-cause I miss you Gem" Liam spoke softly.

"I've missed you too" Gemma replied. Liam pulled Gemma in for a kiss and everything suddenly felt ten times better for Liam Payne.

Over the next few weeks, everything felt like it was coming back to normal. Almost. There was still this black cloud hanging over everyone's heads of what happened to Zayn but, people thought never to mention it. The run up to Christmas was exciting for Harry as he wondered what to get for Louis. Aiden came round to Harry's that week to study and they chatted about comic books and pizza, Aiden became a rock for Harry while Liam was in his funk, but ever since he got back with Gemma he seemed a lot more happy.

When shopping with Aiden, he looked for something for Louis but, nothing felt right. He had no idea what to get him. It was just when he came out from shopping in Hollister when he saw ahead of him Eleanor. With a baby bump. Harry knew she was already 5 months pregnant but, everything seemed more real now seeing Eleanor truly up the duff. Time was ticking, fast. He eventually brought Louis lots of bits and bobs, including; Adidas hoodie, Footballs and Leeds Festival tickets.

Harry met Louis after school on they day they broke up for Christmas holidays. They had fun chilling and eating pizza and generally just being in each others company. Harry didn't know why or how, but what Louis spoke next seemed to bother Harry but, he agreed with it some sort of fucked up way.

"I think we need to be separate" Louis spoke, when Harry looked at Louis weirdly, he felt he needed to explain. "Babe, not break up or anything, what I mean is that we need to get involve in clubs and have some time by ourselves. Have time to find what we want and we want to do"

"You're right. We've become totally obsessed with each other that I've forgot to join extra-curricular and instead of being Harry Styles, I've become Harry and Louis. I was actually interested in joining the drama club, they're doing Macbeth"

After Christmas, they were holding out auditions for those interested in joining. Harry went along and read an excerpt from Macbeth in hopes to land a mediocre part like Duncan or Banquo. Instead, he landed Macbeth. And do you know who got Lady Macbeth? Eleanor. That fucking pregnant bitch got Lady Macbeth, god knows how, she'll be needing to give birth by the time of the performance but whatever, Harry wasn't going to object.

Louis focused on his football without the distraction of Harry watching him, Harry was banned from watching his games which kind of sucked for Harry. Louis passed the ball to Stan who was heading for the goal until Louis got an a advantage point ahead of Stan so he was waving his arms signalling Stan to pass him the ball instead, Stan runs to Louis and kicks the ball right into Louis's shin and this prompting him to cry out in pain, his bleeding.

Whilst Louis was getting his cut treated in the nurses office, Stan stood there lost for words at what his actions have done. Louis looked at Stan scornfully every time the nurse pressed a wet tissue that stung the wound like hell. Once he was plastered up and he was cleaned up, Louis left the office with Stan trailing behind.

"What the fuck Stan?!" Louis yelled

"I'm sorry okay? I've just got a lot on my plate that's all" Stan whimpered

"Haven't we all? Eleanor's fucking pregnant, I think I have bigger issues than you right now"

"Well probably because I'm the-"

"Your the what Stan? Tell me, cause I care so much" Louis said sarcastically. Stan almost just let slip his the father. Oops.

It seemed everyone in Harry's school had secrets and demons they needed to keep from getting out. Eleanor doing the dirty with her boyfriend's best friend and lied about Louis being the father. Louis having feelings for a boy whom is the centre of all drama and a new boy planning to ruin it. A recently distraught Liam going into the jewellers and picking up a diamond ring, what could this mean? And Amy. A quiet girl who everyone trusted and loved, maybe that was a big mistake or a cover up for her own demons. Before anyone could guess, Amy Green was on the way to the airport heading straight out of Doncaster, but why? What could be so important that she needs to leave straight out of the country? She looked down on Doncaster as the plane zoomed in the sky, whatever her secret is, she isn't planning to come back anytime soon.