Chapter 10

1 day later

Shane

Why Ryland why us i mean come on we were going to be so happy together I was already thinking about our future. I thought we could be happy and even married one day isn't that what every happy couple wants because that's what I want someday. Just then I hear somebody "Ryland Adams" a nurse calls. I stand up and go over to her "that would be me i am here to see him" I say. "Room 234 level two and might i add he is a handsome fellow would you mind giving me his number" she says as if it is nothing. Thank god I have a promise ring that I was going to give him I just pull it out of my pocket and show her. She gives me a disgusted look "you people are disgusting I guess it is true all good looking guys are gay or taken" she says. "Look I'm sorry that you feel that way but we are happy and guess what get used to seeing gay couples gay marriage is legal oh look there is another one right there"I say pointing to a gay couple kissing. "God since when did this become normal it is unnatural" she says. And with that I left the room. I take the stairs because I want to see him again. As soon as I get upstairs I don't need to look any further i can hear joey screaming "who are you I want to see Shane" he screams and I run to his room. I spot him with a red mark on his cheek I run up to him and hug him and let him cry into my chest "shh it will all be okay what happened"I ask. "A nurse *sniff* came in here and *sniff* he slapped me *sniff* for not knowing where *sniff* you were and he *sniff* said it was wrong to be gayyyy" he says burrowing into my chest more. I just hold him closer as a doctor walks in "it seems oh my god Ryland what happened to your face"he asked with concern "well I was down in the lobby and a nurse told me it was wrong to be gay anyways I took the stairs to get up here and I ran to his room because he was screaming in pain because apparently one of the male nurses hit him for being gay and because he was confused at where he was at the time" I say making Ryland cry harder "okay I will get all the male nurses you only have to point out which one did it okay Ryland" he asks Ryland just nodded. "Ryland I have a present for you"I say he just stares at me confused "what is it" he asks I pull out the promise ring I got for him and put it on his finger "Ryland I know it's early on but I just want you to know how committed I am to this relationship and to the baby. I'll be there the entire time and long after that so Ryland Adams will you accept this promise ring" i ask. He smiled at me and admired it "its beautiful Shane I love it" he says giving me a kiss. "I'm glad you like it"I say as  the doctor walks in with five guys and Ryland goes pale. "h-him it was him" he says pointing at the second man and hiding behind me "oh you gonna hide behind your little boyfriend faggot you two don't belong on this planet you shouldn't exist you little bitches" he says stepping so close and then he punched Ryland opening some cuts that he had causing him to scream out in pain as the other nurses and the doctor try to hold him back as cops rush in and grab him off of us. "Sir you are going away for awhile" a police officer says holding him back "one thing first you bitches will pay" he says being dragged away just then I remembered "RYLAND THE BABY" I say concerned "Shaney its okay I got it checked out yesterday well i got them checked out yesterday" he says looking away. "Ryry what do you mean them" i ask cocking my head to the side as he looks around the room "Shane I'm pregnant with...twins" I cut him off by a hug and a kiss. "Joey that's great I always wanted twins" I say and he looks so happy "thank god Shane I didn't know how you would react" he says smiling "I mean where would i live I can't live in the apartment Lisa took it" i say he pulls me into a tight hug. "Shane we can live in my house i mean it does have eight bedrooms it means both of our kids can have their own bedroom and we can have one with room to spare" he says hopeful i look at him and i hug him tighter "thank you Ryland" i say giving him a kiss. "Shane you are wonderful and I am pregnant with our kids no need to thank me" he says "that's why I gave you this ring" I say showing him his finger he smiled.

Ryland

After our little moment the doctor came in "Ryland you are allowed to leave now just please be careful"he says taking out my IV. "Thank you and I will" I say giving him a hug he leave and I go to the bathroom with a bundle of clothes. "Shaney ill be right back" I tell him "okay I just packing your things" he says I go in and shut the door and look at my stomach I can't believe I am going to be a mother/father soon I am just so lucky to have Shane so will they be i just can believe this i mean i am 26 now and I am ready to start a family. As soon I am dressed I realize I am starting to show Im getting pudgy I start crying of happiness Shane comes in "joey what wrong" he asks with concern "nothing I am just realizing I am getting what I always wanted a wonderful man in my life and kids I love my life so much right now" I say "come on Ryland Matt is waiting for us to get home" he says "okay Shane lets go"I say and with that we left.