Chapter 15

Shane

I was driving while Ryland was sitting in the back with our baby girl and boy I just hope my mom will be there when we get there. When we did I help Ryland out of the car since he was still sore and I grabbed jasmine and Jake we walked up to the door and knocked when my mom answered she gasped looking at jasmine and jake she motioned us in i helped Ryland to the couch he sat down and jasmine started to cry i quickly set down their carseats and unbuckled them from it "awwww Shane, Ryland they are so adorable let me see my granbabies" she said reaching for jasmine and jake, i handed them over and my mom cradled them so nicely "what time were they born" she asked "12:32 and 12:34 am, jasmine joy Dawson was five pounds, three ounces, and twenty inches and jake peace Dawson was six pounds, two ounces, and twenty four inches " Ryland says "wow nice memory how long are you two planning to stay should I make lunch" my mom asks "no we are going home because our friends are begging to see them so we will be leaving bye mom" I say gently picking up sleeping jasmine and jake putting them in their carseats and buckling them up. I pick their carseats up me and Ryland gave my mom a hug we said our good byes and got in the car I drove again but Ryland sat in the front by me I grabbed his hand and squeezed it "babe we are on the right track we have a family and we are going to get married in a month my life is perfect" I say making him smile "yeah we are aren't we" he says as we pull into our drive way where Matt's car is I get out run over and open Ryland's door for him "such a gentle man my fiancé is" he says giggling "at your service" I say opening the back end and grabbing jasmine and jake carseats and we walk up to the door and knock. I hear foot step and Matt appears at the door and we walk in I motion that they can talk because they are awake "can I hold jake" Matt asks "of course im going to go get them some clothes ill be right back" I say walking up the stairs I go into Jasmine's room and take a look around. "We did it" i whisper "we sure did" I hear somebody whisper from the doorway "god baby don't sneak up on me like that" I say holding my chest "okay I just thought I should tell you that we are meeting up with the gang for lunch in an hour at earth café so we should probably get ready" he says handing me jasmine I grab her a coral dress with white leggings to go under neath, an aqua hair flower with splatters of coral on it and a fake gem in the middle, and a pair of coral socks. "How about this" I ask showing Ryland my pick of outfit for jasmine "perfect im going to go get dressed and take a shower would you mind getting jake dressed and changing their diapers to" he asks "nope and hurry please I have to take a shower too" I say laying jasmine down in her crib I walk over with jake in my arms. I set him down and pick out a coral shirt, overalls, white shorts, a black cap, and some small coral socks I get him dressed and lay him down to. I can't believe I'm a dad and I going to marry the love of my life I'm so glad I decided to break up with Lisa soon I hear the shower turn off signaling I have to go pick out my clothes and shut the door. I pick out a nice white tee shirt and some light blue skinny jeans with red converse perfect I walk out and grab a towel passing Ryland "they are dressed and asleep in their cribs" I say pointing to their rooms then a baby could be heard crying "better go change her diaper and get thier bags ready to go"I say walking into the bathroom and turning on the shower I get in and quickly wash my body and hair and get out. I dry off and change i grab my towel and walk out to see Matt in the hall way talking to Ryland I hide behind the corner and listen "i cant wait to surprise Shane because he will love it he is such a good fiancé and father and I'm just pitiful and useless or that's what my scars from Preston say I mean he always cut me, burned me, raped me, and beat me constantly" I heard him start crying I pretended to walk out like I hadn't heard anything why would anybody want to do that to my Ryland when I saw him crying I ran and hugged him "Matt why is he crying"I ask trying not to lash out "his ex used to burn, beat, cut, and raped him constantly" he says "shhhh baby its okay he cant hurt you anymore come on lets go get you cleaned up and get going okay" I ask he nods and we walk to the bathroom and wash his face so that his eyes aren't so red and puffy I give him a kiss "hey its okay lets go have fun and dont worry about him he was a douche" I say making him laugh "okay Shaney lets go and show off jake and jasmine to them all" he says grabbing my hand and we walk out and grab jasmine and jake.