5 - I Don't Want Prince Charming

BLAKE

"She's never going to love you!"

"You're an idiot thinking you have a chance."

"She's mine, you'll never mean anything to her. She loves me."

His words haunted my mind as I looked at a sleeping Casey. Let me start from the beginning so that way it all makes sense.

*********************************

"Blake" a sweet voice poured into my ears, "please Blake. It's Christmas!"

I opened my eyes to see a very happy Casey bouncing up and down.

"Let's go down and see if Santa left us any gifts then?" I asked and she let out a squeal. She grabbed my hand and pulled me with her.

When we got to the living room their were a few present that I had put under the tree last night.

Casey turned around to look at me and spoke, "did you do this?" I nodded, "for me?" I nodded again. Casey jumped on me embracing me with a hug. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I hugged her as tight as I could.

I felt wetness hit my bare shoulder. I pulled my head back and Casey looked at me.

"Why are you crying Case?" I asked her sweetly.

"You-" she stammered, "this is the sweetest thing anyone has EVER done for me Blake."

I lifted her chin with my finger and wiped her tears with my thumb, "I'd do anything for you Casey."

We stood their looking at each other for awhile. Her legs were still wrapped around me. I couldn't hold myself back anymore, I kissed her like I had never kissed anyone before.

I was passionate, it was strong, it was filling and I couldn't help but want more.

"Casey I lo-" I stopped myself from continuing.

"What?" Casey looked at me with curious eyes. Her eyes wondered me looking for answers.

"I-I-I- think we should open these presents." I let her down and walked to the Christmas tree.

"Yea um ok."

************************

We were currently at a Christmas party with people from the school Casey went to. I would be going there also, after winter break.

"Casey my love!"

Casey and I both turned around to see and evil smirk plastered onto a bastard face.

"What the hell are you doing here Carson?" Casey spat at the scum in front of us.

"Oh now Casey baby, don't be this way." Carson said in a sickening voice.

"Seeing as you cheated on me with my best friend and my sister, I have every right to be 'this' way you dick."

I walked up behind Casey, my arm wrapping around her waist and bringing her closer to me. "I think you should leave." I said to Carson.

He looks towards me and glares. "This isn't the end love, you'll come back to me in the end."

He walked away and Casey turned towards me, tears filling her eyes.

"Common Case lets go outside." She started to cry more as we walked and I could feel her losing her balance as emotions coursed through her. I lifted Casey up her legs wrapping around my torso and her hands around my neck, while her head rested in the crook of my neck.

I set Casey down in the middle of a big garden and sat across from her.

"I'm sorry I'm like this. I'm suck a wreck. He just- he hit a bad nerve and I can't help myself."

I pulled Casey onto my lap. She rested her head on my chest as her sobbing slowly stopped.

"Casey you're not a wreck," I said once her crying ceased, "you're beautiful and so strong. You're amazing and of that asshole can't see it than he isn't worth it."

Casey looked at me through her lashes. "What did I do to deserve someone as understanding and kind as you?" She asked me.

I took a deep breath in, "I should be asking you the same thing."

We sat in silence for awhile. It was comfortable.

Have you ever had that feeling that this is just how things are supposed to be? That everything happening is perfect? That the person you're with, is who you're meant to be with? Well in case you haven't, you should know that, that feeling is better than anything in the entire world. Right now, I had that feeling.

************************

Casey had went to the bathroom. We were still at the party and after sitting outside, we decided to come back inside.

I felt a presence behind me. Turning around, I saw a very pissed off and drunk Carson.

"Yo pretty boy," he called stepping closer to me. I could smell the alcohol and it made me want to hurl. "You ain't got nothin on me when it comes to Casey!

I can see the look in your eyes, saying that you are head over heels in love with Casey. But news flash mother fucker, Casey is mine!

She is never going to love you. Not the way you love her.

And you're an idiot for thinking you have a chance.

She's mine, you'll never mean anything to her.  She loves me!"

His words cut deep. Maybe he was right. She would never love me, I didn't have a chance, and maybe she did still love him. I probably meant nothing to her.

A sweet voice broke me from my thoughts.

"I do not love you Carson! And Blake means more to me than you ever did."

I turned around to see Casey descending the steps. She came and stood next to me.

"Oh common now baby," Carson spoke again, "why would you want trash like him, when you could have me, Prince Charming."

"Maybe because I don't want you to be Prince Charming" Casey spat at him.

"But you want this low life to be that for you?" Carson said motioning towards me.

"No." My heart broke a little as she said that. She didn't love me, this proved it. "I would rather have him be my courageous and caring knight in shining armor. I don't want a stuck up Prince Charming. I'll leave him for Cinderella."

And with that Casey grabbed my hand and pulled me from the house.

************************

Now I sit here in my bedroom. Casey peacefully sleeping in my bed next to me.

Carson's words still haunting me.

I realized three things tonight.

1. I was in love with Casey

2. Carson was an extreme ass hole.

And 3. I didn't understand what Casey meant by wanting me to be a knight in shining armor.

************************************************************************

a/n

So did you like it? I hope so.

Comment

Vote

Share