Chapter 10

Lizs p.o.v

I wake up to the sound of raindrops on my window. It was raining, I love it when it rains, it just relaxes me. I check my phone and it's dry a'f.

I get up and go to my closet. I don't feel like dressing up today so I just put on a pair of joggers and a tank top (and of course, bra and undies). I head to the bathroom take a shower and I get dressed.

"Liz! Please come downstairs hun" I hear my mom yell. I put on some regular hot pink socks and slip on my comfy moccasins. I run downstairs and find my mom in the kitchen eating waffles.

"Good morning mom" I say as I walk over to her and hug her. "Good morning" she says back. "So? You wanted me to come downstairs?" I said making it more of a question than a statement.

"Oh, yeah! I just wanted to tell you you're going to school in 8 days" She says with a cheerful smile. "Ugh school, it feels like summer just started" I whine and laugh after.

She just laughs and nods her head. "So I was thinking, maybe you want to go shopping for some clothes and all that tomorrow" She says as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"Okay" I say happily. I love shopping like, I mean who doesn't? "You're going to compton middle school by the way" my mom adds. I just smile and get myself some waffles also.

My mom started work again so she got ready and left. I just grabbed my skateboard and headed to a skate park I found out about.

I skated for a while and then sat down and watched a couple people skate. I see a guy coming towards me. "Hey, I'm raudel But my friends call me weasel" he says as he stretches out his hand. I shake it politely and introduce myself to him also.

"You're pretty good at skating" he says and I smile and say thanks. He sits down. "Do you come skate here often?" He asks. "Nah, this is my first time cuz I just moved here a couple weeks ago and I just found out about this skatepark." I say.

"Oh, that's cool." He says. It gets quiet and awkward. "Well, it was cool meeting you but imma head home" I say as I get up. "Same, umm....do you....maybe...want me to walk you?" He asks nervously. "Umm.. Sure, why not" I say back.

We start walking and get to my house in awkward silence. "Sooo... this is my house"  I say awkardly. "Aye, I actually live across the street 2 houses up." He says. "Wow" I say laughing.

"Yeah, well see yah around" he says with a smile. He opens his arms to hug me. I hug back but immediately feel uncomfortable. Something about him didn't feel right.

He walks away and I get the chills as I watch him leave. That was strange I say to myself as I walk into my house.
____________________
Hey guys, so this is chapter 10 and i'm sorry again for making it short but chapter 9&10 are just fillers. And hopefully I can update soon again before school starts 😩 ughh only two more weeks left😭fml. Good luck to everyone else who is starting or already started though ❤️ love you all. ~Jossy ☕️💅🏼