Prologue

All she heard were screams. Screams of the ones she loved. Her pack, her family. The screams only got louder as she ran to the Hale house. Her family had been staying with the Hales until they finished building their house.

Odessa ran as fast as her legs could carry her but that wasn't fast enough. She skidded to a stop at the end of the trees to see the Hale house on fire. The screams...screams of people being burned alive.

She stood back as she watched the horror unfold. She saw a figure standing back but near by watching it. She looked at the person but it was hard to since it was night out. She made her eyes glow and she looked at the person again. Odessa was shocked at who she saw. She saw her closest friend in Beacon Hills. Kate Argent.

Kate had a smirk on her face as if she were proud of what was happening. Odessa stood there confused watching Kate. Kate rounded up her men and left the area...the people still in it. The Hales...the Delaneys, everyone Odessa loved and knew.

She ran to the house to see if she could save anyone.

"Odessa!" Someone called to her as she ran past a little window in the basement. There were flames and smoke coming through that opening.

Odessa bent down to look who was calling her...it was her mom.

"Mama?" Odessa said with tears in her eyes.

"Here. Take my ring. It was my mothers and her mothers. Keep it."

"But mama, it goes to the eldest daughter. Anastasia is the eldest."

"Anastasia died. She got burned alive. She was saving Cora but I don't think she made it either."

"No. That's not possible."

"Take the ring. Also since Anastasia died...you are now the alpha of the Delaney pack."

"I-I can't be the alpha. I was never prepared for it."

"You can do it. I believe in you. We all do. Anastasia, Papa, Collin and Fillip. I love you sweetie. Wear the ring, always and pass it down to your daughter." Odessa's mom said as she grabs Odessa's hand and puts the ring on her finger.

"I'm only 14...I'm the youngest. I can't."

"You can. You will."

"I love you Mama." Odessa said with tears rolling out of her eyes.

"I love you too. Wait...show me your eyes."

"What?"

"Your eyes, you should be alpha now...if it didn't work you-you need to kill me."

"No, I won't do it."

"Odessa Althea Delaney. Show me your eyes." Her mother said with power in her voice.

Odessa did as she was told and felt a certain power wash over her whole body.

"It worked. Now run Odessa. Get out of her and promise me you'll never return unless its because the one who did this returns."

"I promise Mama."

"Go! NOW!" Odessa's mom said.

Odessa let go of her mother's hand and ran. She ran as her life depended on it...it kinda did.

She ran and ran until she was covered in the trees again. She stopped for a moment and breathes heavily trying to hold back her sobs and catch her breath.

She was safe for now...or she thought she was. A twig snapped from behind her and Odessa turned her head around. Someone hit her on the back of the head and her vision turned to black.

When she awoke she was in a hospital bed. Tubes connected to her and monitors beeping all around her. A nurse walked in. Odessa looked at the name tag. Melissa McCall.

"Excuse me?" Odessa asked Melissa.

"Oh, you're finally awake. That's great." Melissa smiled.

"How long have I been here?" Odessa asked.

"Two days. We need to have your parents come by and pick you up."

"They died in the fire." Odessa choked out.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Is there any other family to call?" Melissa asked while putting her hand around Odessa's.

"No, they all died." Odessa squeaked out. She lied though...if she remembered correctly she has an aunt who lives in Seattle.

"Oh, we can have protective services come by and get you. Until then just rest up. You are perfectly fine, you just needed some rest." Melissa beamed at Odessa. Melissa took her hand off of Odessa's. Odessa looked down and didn't see her ring.

"Where my ring?" Odessa said panicked.

"It's in a bag with the rest of your clothes." Melissa replied.

"May I have it?"

"Sure, I don't see why not. Let me go get the bag with your clothes in it."

"Thank you." Odessa said relieved.

Melissa walked out and returned with Odessa's bag of clothes in her hands.

"I'll just leave and I'll come back in when social services are here." Melissa said pointing to the door and exited the room. Odessa nodded and quickly changed. She grabbed her shoes and snuck to the door. She looked around and saw no nurses or doctors so she ran out of the hospital.

"Ok, Aunt Trisha. Time to meet your niece Odessa." Odessa said to herself as she ran in a random direction starting her journey to Seattle.