Lunatic

I woke up to Derek shaking me.

"What?" I grumbled.

"Someone's here." He warns.

"What?!" I ask, sitting up in my bed; now fully alert.

"Someone has been knocking on your door for a while." He repeats.

"Oh, yeah...let me go answer it." I say getting up. I head down my staircases and I arrive at my front door. I look through the peep hole to see that it's Sheriff Stilinski.

"It's the sheriff..." I say loud enough for Derek to hear since I know he's eavesdropping.

I open the door and try my best to not look tired.

"Good morning Sheriff, what brings you here?" I ask casually.

"Hello Odessa. I was hoping if you knew where we could find Derek." He responds.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. I haven't been in touch with him for the past few days. Is everything alright?"

"It seems that the other night he attacked some classmates of yours in the school. He tried to kill them."

"Derek would never do that."

"I know he's your best friend and from what I've heard Stiles and Scott say...your relationship with him might be more than a friendship. He might seem one way to you, but you need to understand, he might be completely different around others. I'm worried about you. I knew you when you were younger and I understand what happened to you was traumatic. You can't just pull away from everyone or isolate yourself and just be around Derek all the time. He can't be your only friend."

"He's my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. I've known him my whole life, Sheriff. He's not my only friend or the only person I associate myself with. I also associate myself with Stiles, Danny and Lydia. Not together of course, since Lydia doesn't know Stiles exists. So, I have three other friends besides Derek."

"Ok, well...just let me know if you've seen him. After all, he is a wanted fugitive now."

"Will do Sheriff. Is that all?"

"Yes. Well...no. Why aren't you at school? I know you're emancipated and all that jazz, but you should still be in school. It's 11:46am. I only came over at this hour because I asked Stiles and he said you weren't at school."

"I was feeling a bit ill this morning and I didn't want to take any risks. I just took some medicine and I hope that it nips this in the butt so I can be back on Monday."

"Oh, I see. Ok. I think we are done here. I apologize for the intrusion. Have a nice rest of the day."

"No worries Sheriff, you were just doing your job. Bye now."

Sheriff Stilinski walks back to his car and enters the vehicle. He looks back at me and I wave to him as he drives off. I shut my door once he disappears out of my sight.

I turn around and walk back up to my bedroom so I can go back to sleep. I collapse on my bed once I get close enough to to it.

"That was the sheriff?" Derek asked me.

"Yup, Stiles' dad." I reply.

"That kid, let's not talk about them today."

"What should we talk about today?"

"We need to come up with a plan."

"For what?"

"If we see the alpha. We need to come up with a plan to attack and kill him."