Heart Monitor

I follow Derek into a parking garage where Scott is. How he found where Scott is...idk.

Derek pulls me down next to him behind Scott's mom's car. I see Scott walking up to his mom's car and he drops his groceries. A bottle of milk rolls up next to me, I pick it up and puncture it with my claws. I roll it back to him and he notices the milk leaking out from the claw marks.

He quickly drops his bags and takes off running. I immediately chase after him and Derek is right next to me. We look at each other and nod, then split up. I continue to chase Scott and Derek runs over to the stairs and jumps from platform to platform.

I lost sight of Scott and I pause for a moment. I hear a heart beating and then heavy breathing. I start to stalk near it and Scott appears and takes off running again. I chase after him and I loose him again. Derek is next to me and we slowly walk around trying to find Scott again.

I start to hear car alarms go off and we run towards them. We round the corner and see a row of cars go off. I start to turn around but I hear a phone start to ring. I slowly walk towards were the noise is and I look over and see Scott. Derek goes up to Scott and grabs him by the back of his shirt and tosses him to me like a doll. I grab the front of his shirt and I slam him to the ground like I did before. Derek walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. He kneels down and looks Scott in the eyes.

"Your training begins now. If you want to learn control, you must access your animal side." Derek lectures.

"But the car alarms...that was a good idea, right?" Scott asks.

I grab Scott's phone and look at the caller ID. Missed call: Allison. I hand it to Derek and he looks at it.

"That...that is a distraction. Get rid of her." I say as Derek shows Scott his phone.

"It will be easy...I'll avoid her." Scott says.

Derek throws Scott's phone against the wall and it shatters.

"What? Was that necessary?!" Scott yells at Derek.

"One less distraction." Derek says and pulls me off of Scott. I get up and Scott does too.

"But you two have each other...are you two distractions?" Scott asks.

"No, we know how to work together. We assist each other and make each other stronger." I retort.

"She's right." Derek agrees.

"But if either of you two get hurt...you will want to protect each other. You put each other before yourselves." Scott points out. Derek and I look at each other.

"That's true, but this doesn't make us weak. Allison makes you weak." Derek responds.

I grab Derek's hand and we walk out of the parking garage, leaving Scott there by himself.

Derek and I walk around for hours just holding each other's hands in silence. He starts to walk on a familiar route to Scott's house.

"Why are we here?" I ask him.

"I just have a feeling...that he's with Allison." Derek says. I go to the back of the house and see Scott's window open. Derek jumps up and grabs onto the ledge of the window. He hoists himself up and opens the window letting himself in. He pops his head back out of the window and offers me a hand. I run back and jump to grab his hand and he pulls me up.

We stand there in Scott's room looking for any sign of Allison. Scott suddenly opens the door and sees us.

"What are you two doing here?!" He asks.