Weekend Gap Thingy

AN: ignore the scarf...it comes apart of the outfit later...aka next chapter.

I pull up to Derek's house and I exit the car. I start to run up to the door to knock on it but then I remember Justin hugged me and his scent must be all over me. I have extra clothes in the back of my car but should I even change, it's not like Justin's scent will effect Derek at all.

I go up to the door and slam my fist in it multiple times.

"Derek?! Derek!" I repeat over and over.

"What?" He responds groggily as he opens the door.

I rush into his arms and hug him tightly. I start to cry a bit and I'm mad at myself. I'm crying because he got arrested, for god sakes....he got released. Get it together Odessa.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks softly as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I just-" I get cut off by him growling.

"That boy from the other night...his scent is all over you." He says harshly.

"Yeah-"

"Did he do something to you? If he did I'm going to rip his throat out with my teeth. I'm going to kill him." Derek states as he starts to let go of me so he can track down Justin to harm him.

"No, no. It's not that." I say as I pull him back into a hug.

"What is it then," he asks cocking an eyebrow.

"You got arrested. I didn't know that and I'm sorry. I should have known. I feel so awful about it."

"Over that? It's just teenagers who are scared of me. It's nothing."

"Ok, I'm gonna crash here again because I'm too tired to drive home. It's like 30 minutes away...with me obeying the speed limit." I start to push past him.

"Just change first." He grabs my hand and tugs me back.

"Why?" I pout.

"I don't want his scent all over you."

"Why?" I ask again but this time in extremely confused.

"I don't like it. If you ask why, one more time I'm going to make you sleep on the floor."

"Oh my...Derek. I'm not your bitch." I joke. Get it? Cause I'm a female werewolf...and female dogs are called bitches. No? Okay.

"I have a change of clothes you can use again." He starts to head for the room with the clothes in it.

"No, I have some in my car. I'll just change out there."

"Be careful." He warns.

"I will...don't worry. Anyways you can stare out the window at me just to make sure I'm ok."

I head back out to my car to change into my spare clothes. I strip off my jacket, then shirt...then bra and quickly up on the sweatshirt I have. Then I take off my boots and skinny jeans to change into leggings and uggs. I grab a make up wipe and wipe my face clean of make up. I grab compact mirror in my trunk and see if I got all the make up off. I throw everything back into my trunk and I lock my car.

I head back to the front door and look at the window. Derek is standing there looking protectively over me. Of course, I knew he would.

I enter the house and I start to head to the back room to where the mattress is.

"I must look like trash without my make up." I whine.

"No you don't. I like it when you don't have make up on." He replies following me into the room.

"Oh, thanks." I say blushing.

"You're welcome." He says calmly.

"Same as last time?" I ask.

"Same as last time." He replies.

I throw off my shoes. Then lay down on the mattress and grab the blanket and cover myself with it. I wait for Derek to get all situated and he climbs in too. He grabs the pillow and puts it under his head. He grabs the blanket and covers himself as well. He opens his arm out to me and I curl into it. I place my head on his shirtless (oh save me now) chest.

"Derek?"

"Odessa?"

"Why did it bug you that Justin had his scent on me?" He tenses up at this.

"Because."

"You're going to have to have to provide a better explanation than that."

"It just bugs me and makes me uncomfortable."

"Haha, why would that bug you and make you uncomfortable?"

"Because I should be the one who's scent is all over you. You hang out with me a lot and the fact that he had his scent all over you meant that he touched you a lot."

"Your scent should be all over me?" I ask with my eyebrows raised.

"Yes!"

"Why is that?"

"Because you're mine!"

"What?!"

"Not like that....it's just. We've been friends almost all our lives. Best friends. I'm only used to having my scent on you besides your family and mine. Now that it's just us, it's now my scent that always on you and your scent is always on me."

"Is Derek Hale aka Sour Wolf sharing his feelings?"

"Shut up and go to sleep."

"No, I want to talk about this more."

"Wait, did you just call me Sour Wolf?"

"Yes, I hear Stiles call you that and it's funny. Now stop trying to change the topic."

"Go to sleep, I am. Good night."

"Derek. Derek. Derek." I chant as I poke him.

Nothing.

"Fine be like that then. I'm not going to talk to you when we wake up."

Nothing still. I focus in on hearing his breathing and he is sleeping.

"Oh, you're sleeping." I whisper to myself in disappointment. "Ok, well...good night, Der." I say as I lean up a bit and kiss his cheek.

I put my head back on his chest and I could have sworn his heart sped up. Must be my imagination since I'm so tired. I snuggle into Derek even more. He pulls me closer and wraps the blanket around me some more.

I start to drift off to sleep and the right before I knock out. I swear heard Derek say something but it's inaudible.

Derek's POV
I hear Odessa's heart beat slow down and I know she's about to go to sleep. I lay there and think about today. Justin shouldn't have been near her....he better not be trying to date her. I don't like him, he's not good enough for her. He's too young, a senior in high school and she's a 19 year old. I'm 22 though...that's not much better in this. I'm legal though and she's known me longer. That might be the downside though...she knows me too well. I look down at her in my arms and I whisper the same things I do everytime she spends the night. Right when she falls asleep.

"I love you."

AN: I hope you like this little blurb thingy insert that I made. I wanted to write but I didn't want to start a whole new episode because I got back from a football game at 10:30 pm and its 12:00 in the morning now. I'm extremely tired but I want to know that I updated today...well technically it's yesterday now. That's not the point though. I wanted to show how Odessa brings out a completely different side to Derek and kinda visa versa. They bring out the softer and more compassionate side in each other. It's so cute. Ok well, I'm done with this AN so yeah. Goodnight/Good Morning/Good afternoon depending on when you're reading this. *awkward finger snap thing* yeah.