Second Chance at First Line

I wake up in Derek's arms still engulfed in the blanket. It seems like we haven't moved from that position at all. I grab my phone from the floor beside me and check the time. 11:07 am.

I shoot up in the sitting position immediately. I start to panic because school started about 3 hours ago...looks like I'm not going to school today. Derek groans beside me and rolls over to his side, facing me.

"Derek." I whisper shout.

Nothing.

"Derek." I say a little louder.

Still nothing.

"Derek!" I sorta-yell in his face while I jumped into his side.

He grabs my waist and pushes me off of his side and slams me to he mattress below.

"Sh." He says and pulls me and the blankets closer.

"Derek. It's 11:08. We over slept."

"That's too bad." He says groggily...well more like that sexy morning voice guys have when they just wake up. It sounds like heaven.

"We need to go find Scott. He has his first game tonight, he's on first line." I say nudging him.

"He can't play tonight. It's too dangerous." He replies as his face is in between my collar bone.

"Yeah, well tell him that." I say as I pull away from him and get up.

"I already did, he came by earlier today, before his practice." He said sitting up.

"You didn't wake me? Did he see me? How come I didn't wake up? Did you leave the mattress? Explain this all to me."

"Still so bossy. He came by and he was about to enter the house but I heard him, of course. You're a heavy sleeper so I just carefully pushed you away from me and I threw on clothes and went out to see what he wanted. So, no he didn't see you or the inside of my house. All cleared up, sunshine?"

"No, how did you get back in without waking me up? Why did it seem like we never changed positions from when we fell asleep? Aaaaannnnnd how come you don't have a shirt on?"

"I took my shirt off. And I got back in the bed just as easily as I left it. You didn't move a muscle so I pulled you in again so you could have your human pillow"

"Oh."

"That's right, oh"

"Well, I should probably go. I need to figure out what I'm going to do since I'm not going to school today. I also need to figure out what I'm wearing tonight for the game that this girl Lydia is making me go to. Got a lot of stuff to do back at my loft...so I'm gonna just...um....get out of your hair for a bit." I say as I start to walk out of the room.

"First off, you're wearing my clothes. Second, your clothes are over there in the corner. Third, it's a Saturday." Derek says as he numbers off the items.

"Oh, shit. You're right. I'll just change and then I'll leave." I say as I grab my clothes and in fact, start to change. I look at Derek who is staring at me while I'm changing.

"I'm driving you to Scott's house so you can get your car. Then we can go to your loft. You're going to change into work out clothes and we are going to workout."

"Well...actually...I don't agree with that last part. The other two, let's do it. That last part...how about no?" I finish changing and throw the clothes back at Derek who catches them with ease.

"We'll see about that." He says with a smirk. "Come on."

I walk out of the house with him behind me. I go over to the passenger side and wait until he unlocks the car so I can get in. I stand there waiting and I turn to see if he's actually outside and he is standing right behind me. He's so close behind me that I ram into his chest. I look up at him questioningly and he jerks his head to the side. I move over a bit and he unlocks the car door and opens it for me.