(Not really) Wolf Moon

AN: I want to know if you guys think I should add pictures of what she would be wearing in this episode or scene or chapter. I've done it before and I want to know if I should do it again. This character would be wearing mostly black, FYI.

Derek stood right in front of me and we are looking at each other. Studying each other. Well he's studying me and I'm checking him out...he's trying to figure out who I am. I'm slightly insulted that he doesn't know who I am. I mean...I was his best friend, but it was 6 years ago.

Derek stops studying me and I don't realize so I'm still checking him out. I realize he stopped studying me when I made eye contact with him...after my eyes raked his whole body, a lot.

"Derek." I state awkwardly.

"Yes." He replies.

"Do you know who I am?"

"It's been years since I've smelled your scent but I could never forget it...even now when it is slightly altered."

"So you do know who I am?"

"Of course I do. How could I not?" He smirks.

"Who am I then, Derek Hale?"

"Odessa Althea Delaney. My best friend..." He says proudly. A huge smile spreads across my face and I jump on him. He stumbles back a bit but regains his balance and wrapped his arms around me.

"I've missed you, Derek." I say with tears in my eyes.

"I've missed you too. A lot more than you think." He replies just as low.

He puts me down but still holds me close and I wipe my eyes. I look up at him and he is looking down at me to make sure I'm ok. I look away and do a little nod.

"What are you doing back here?" I ask him.

"There's a new alpha in Beacon Hills and he bit that kid Scott."

"It's not me. I literally just arrived."

"I know, I'm not stupid. Why are you here? Not that I don't like it...it's just this seems like it would be hard for you to come back."

"Oh, um...I heard that the Argents are back. I'm waiting to see if Kate comes. I made a promise to my mom and I intend to keep it. Even if I get killed."

"Ah, The Keeper...knew that was you. You always kept your promises."

"Well, you know. I had to. Had 3 older siblings that never did."

"That's true. I remember Collin promised me that he would hook me up with Bianca Summers but he ended up hooking up with her. And Fillip promised me that if I pushed you in the lake, he would give me $50 and teach me how to drive. I did my end-"

"I was pissed."

"And he spent the $50 on tickets to something and he took Collin and he never taught me how to drive."

"I remember once Anastasia promised that she would teach me how to dance because I wanted to dance just like her. Instead she convinced me that cleaning her room was apart of the learning how to dance. I cleaned her room for 2 weeks until my mom found out."

We both laugh at our memories. I look up at him again and just look at his smile. Oh man, he didn't smile much...even growing up. When he did, it took my breath away. He was always super serious...I bet he's even more serious now. He was never serious around me though...I was never serious around him. It's weird but it works. I bring out a completely different side of him just as he does to me.

"Where are you staying?" Derek asks.

"The warehouse on Hallow Street. I bought it and renovated it to make it a loft. I'm going there now. Want to tag along?"