The Tell

My phone rings and I groan as I try to ignore it. Right after it ends, it rings again and again and again. I reach for my phone and I grab it. I press the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask the caller.

"O-Odess-ssa?" Lydia stutters as she cries out.

"What happened?" I ask, fully awake. I sit up in bed.

"I don't know. I was at the video store and this monster came out of the window. Jackson got hurt and the police are on their way. Can you come here?" She cries out.

"Yeah, of course. It's actually near where I am. I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Ok." She says before she hangs up.

I throw off my blanket and rush over to the pile of clothes to change.

"Where are you going?" Derek asks me.

"Something happened at the video store, get Scott and check it out. I think the alpha did it. I need to go...Lydia called and she was crying an I-" I reply hurriedly.

"Go. I'll get Scott and bring him there." Derek says getting up.

I run out of the house and run to the video store. I get there in 5 minutes just like I told Lydia. I see police cruisers and an ambulance circled around the scene. There is caution tape surrounding the area. I run up to the caution tape and duck under it.

"Miss, you can't do that." An officer named, James; tells me.

"No, you don't understand that's my friend." I say pointing to Lydia. I look over and see Jackson yelling at a cop over something.

"You have to stay behind the scene tape. This is an active crime scene and you might ruin something." He explains.
"No, I'm not going. I am going to my friend, now if you excuse me..." I try to push past him.

"Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to get behind the tape or else I will make you." He grabs my arm to hold me still.

"Is that a threat?"

"No, it's called doing my job. We wouldn't want a pretty, young girl like yourself to get into trouble. Now do we?" He asks leaning in.

"Let go of me ass wipe." I say as I yank my arm away from him.

"Shouldn't have done that." He says as he grabs my arm again. He forcefully turns me around and grabs both of my wrists. He starts to walk me to the tape and someone him out on it.

"Deputy James, what are you doing?" A man calls.

"This little thing of trouble tried to interfere with the crime scene." He explains.

"Let me take a look at her." The man says.

James turns me around and the man walks over to me. I look at his name tag to see Stilinski, I look a little higher and see a Sheriff's badge.

"What's your name?" Sheriff Stilinski asks me.

"Odessa." I grunt out.

"Odessa Delaney?"

I look up into his eyes and nod my head.

"I knew your father, we was one hell of a man. I was friends with him, I'm sorry for your loss...all of them."

"Thank you."

"James let her go, she's fine."

"Sir, she was disturbing the investigation." James argues.

"Were you?" Sheriff Stilinski asks me.

"I was just trying to get to Lydia, she called me and wants me to be there with her." I explain.