Chapter Four - Abs and Ice-Cream

Chapter Four.

We got to the beach and Josh was already in the water talking to beach babes. Typical. I decide to work on a tan, since I'm annoyingly pale. I put on my ray-ban sunglasses till someone was blocking the sun. I look up and see a pretty girl with ginger hair and brown eyes.

"Oh my goodness I love that book your reading." She says.

"Oh the 'Fault In Our Stars' yeah I love it too it's my third time reading it." I say smiling down at the pages.

"So are you here by yourself?" She asks sitting in front of me crossed-legged.

"No I am here with my best friend and my co-worker." I point to where Luke and Josh are and she looks in that direction.

"Oh I was walking past them earlier the blond one is hot." She blushes and giggles nervously.

"I never really thought of Luke that way." I say tilting my head a bit.

"So his names Luke? huh?" She smiles a bit.

"Yep looks look they're coming over now." I say.

"Oh my gosh is my hair okay? What if he doesn't like my bikini or my--" I cut her off as she rambles.

"Hey, he's going to like you..." I say not knowing her name.

"Kate." She says.

"Yeah he's going to like you Kate. Trust me." I smile.

"Hey guys this is Kate." I introduce her.

"Kate, the blond one is Luke and the other one is Josh." I say pointing to each of them.

"Nice to meet you." Kate says shaking the boys hands.

"Well Kate, Josh and I were just going to get some ice-cream we'll see you guys in a bit." I say pulling Josh's hand and walking away ignoring the sparks I get every flipping time.

"Why did you say that Tori?" Josh asks irritated.

"Well as you can see they both like each other and I'm trying to set them up." I say smiling proudly at the couple talking. "And plus I do want ice-cream and you're paying."

"What why me?" He asks taking off his shirt revealing his well toned abs, making my knees go weak. I might hate the boy but the boys got a serious six pack, that I could trace with a single finger.

"Take a picture, it sure will last longer." Josh smirks. I tear my eyes from his abs and look in his eyes.

"Ugh whatever." I say walking away to the ice-cream truck. A girl is behind it and her tag reads 'Emma'. She had black hair and brown eyes.

"Hey what would you like?" She asks looking at Josh. More like staring.

"Well I would like the chocolate ice-cream and Tori would like mint chocolate chip." Josh answers.

Emma walks behind the truck to get our ice-cream.

"How did you know my favourite ice-cream flavour." I ask.

"Lucky guess?" He answers to me it sounded more like a question.

Emma gives us our ice-cream and Josh a piece of paper with her number.

"Sorry but I'm taken." He throws the paper back at the poor girl.

"You are?" Emma asks

"Uh-huh by Tori here." He says. Wait me? He puts his arm around my waist. I look at him and he gives me a look saying 'play along'.