Chapter Twenty-Two - Waltzing and Bossy Managers

"Oh my gosh I'm never going to get this," I yell frustratedly throwing my arms in the air.

Josh sighs and grabs my hand, "You will it's just a matter of practice." I look at our hands and he pulls away blushing.

"We have two days left to learn those three steps," I say and I look into his eyes, which shows determination and love.

He still loves me.

I did kiss Josh yesterday, but only because I was feeling sorry for him. I told him that we can remain as friends and the kiss was not going to change our relationship, but Natalie caught us making out behind the church and she wasn't pleased. She told us to say sorry to Tina for the PDA.

Josh sighs running a hand through his hair, "Let's take a break for five minutes." I nod and we walk over to the benches and sit down. Josh drinks his water from his bottle and gulps down about a third of it.

"So prom...has anyone asked you yet?" I ask, deep in my heart I hoped that he said no.

"No, I don't think I'm going to prom," Josh says.

"You should come," I try to encourage.

"Why should I come if the only girl who I'm interested in doesn't want to go with me?" Josh sighs playing with the cap of his bottle. And I know he's talking about me.

"I'll go with you, but just as friends," I say giving Josh a weak smile. He smiles back and we stare at each for a while.

Josh suddenly stands up, reaching for my hand, "get up." I take his hand and we make our way to the middle of the gym and start practicing the waltz.

* * * * *

"I hate prom," Valerie groans looking at all the dresses.

"Why?" I ask checking out a royal blue long dress.

"It's stupid," Valerie says leaning on the dress rack, " I mean, girls buy expensive dresses that they're going to use only once a year."

"I know, but it'll be our last school event of the year before we graduate," I explain putting the dress back on the rack. Valerie rolls her eyes.

"Hey, what about NYU?" Valerie asks, I sigh.

"I got accepted."

"That's great."

"I know, but how am I going to handle myself in The Big Apple? I don't know if I'm ready to leave California yet," I state sighing.

Valerie narrows her eyes, "Are you sure that's the only reason or because of a certain someone?"

I roll my eyes at the immature brunette girl, "Yes, Val I'm sure."

Valerie nods and we both continue looking for dresses. There's many kinds each different in their own special way.

"I'm taking this one I don't give two bananas about prom," Valerie says taking out a red long dress, that goes pink at the end of it, it looks nice really but not my style.

"Two bananas?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

Valerie holds the dress by the hanger, and examines it before she answers, "It's my New Years resolution trying not to curse, and it's so hard."