Chapter Eleven - Cigarretes and Eddie

Chapter Eleven

I am so nervous right now, I keep taping my boot against the floor of the car.

"Stop that." Josh says irritated. I glance at him biting my bottom lip, sighing and looking out the window. We pass the diner on the way to wherever we are going. The sun is setting making a nice orangy-pink shade in the sky. It's truly beautiful. Josh pulls up in the middle of a forest. I undo my seatbelt and walk out of the car looking around at my surroundings. I take out my iPhone 5 to check the time...eight minutes past six, it reads.

"Why would you take me here?" I ask looking at Josh, he sighs heavily and starts to walk. I jog to up to him.

Ten minutes later.

"Josh...I'm tired..." I pant - I really need to more exercise.

"You sweetie, are very unhealthy."

"I'm aware."

We stop at a lake. Oh my gosh we walked for ten minutes for a lake I look down and suddenly I see a shirt on the floor I look up to find Josh removing his clothes (not fully, don't worry).

"What are you doing?" I ask shakily. Seeing Josh undress in front of me isn't a good sight you know. Well...I don't know.

"Swimming, you wanted to have fun, come on."

"No thanks, I don't have a bikini on me because you didn't tell me we were going to a freakin' lake." I gesture to the lake, it's starting to get dark and God only knows what type of animals are in this forest.

"Come on!"

"I'm not going swimming in my bra."  I sternly tell Josh and he smirks.

Josh runs jumping into the lake making a big splash. I yawn isn't he exhausted travelling from the Bahamas to California?

Josh comes from underneath the water wiping the water from his face with his hand.

"Swim in your clothes then, just take off your hoodie and boots."

"This is crazy!" I exclaim.

"Crazy is what I am Tori." Josh winks.

"Fine, but don't blame me when your car gets wet." I warn taking off my boots having to lean on a tree for support.

"I can't make any promises."

I take off my boots and hoodie and walk to the lake before I go in I roll up my jeans. Sighing I jump into the water. It's cold at first but when you get used to it it's warm as ever.

"How'd you find this lake."  I ask Josh who is in front of me breathing heavily.

"My dad was pressuring about following in his footsteps, again I got angry and stormed out of my room into my old truck and drove around, that's when I found this place." Josh says getting out of the water. He goes into his pocket of his jacket and picks out a box of cigarettes and a lighter. Josh smokes? He lights the cigarette drying himself with a towel he brought earlier and puts on his t-shirt. He puts the cigarette between his lips. Josh inhales then exhales. I am shocked and angry.

I jump out of the water.

"What are you doing? Why are you smoking? When did you start?" Everything comes out of my mouth in a rush. Josh dusts of the ashes with the tip of fingers. I know they say inhaling other people smoke is worse than the person smoking but right now I couldn't care less.

"Tori, relax I started about a year ago no, I am not an addict I do it sometimes." Josh says putting the cigarette between his lips again. I stand back a bit.