Chapter Nineteen - Red Liqourice and Flirting Receptionists

"Why can't you hang out with me today?" Josh whines, coming from behind me wrapping his arms around my petite waist.

I turn around from my closet and tip toe running my hands through his hair and he groans, "Because, I need to hang out with Luke and Valerie today plus I hang out with you like everyday." I inform him and he pouts his cute pink lips.

I push him away lightly so I can pick out my outfit: black high waisted jeans, a red and black flannel shirt, my white hoodie, and my ballerina flats as well. I walk out of my closet and I see Josh lying on my bed playing on his white iPhone 5c. I smile at how adorable he looks.

"You, mister, need to leave," I say grabbing him by his free hand and pulling him to a sitting position.

He gets up, putting his phone in his pocket, "I'm leaving, I'm leaving, but can we hang out when we are both done with our errands?"

I roll my eyes playfully at my boy, "Sure."

He comes closer to me, and like always my heart quickens. He puts his hands on my waist making me drop the clothes I had in my hand on the floor, I look down at the clothes then back to his brown eyes and he's not looking at my eyes, but my lips. He tilts his head to the left pressing his pink plump against mine.

His lips are moist. I kiss back putting my hands around his neck, elephants are doing cartwheels in my stomach. I run a hand through his soft hair and he groans. As he deepens the kiss, I snap back into reality.

Valerie and Luke.

I push Josh away and he looks almost hurt. "I need to meet them in about ten minutes," I explain, "And I haven't even gotten ready yet, since we were making out." I say grabbing my clothes off the floor and pinching my lips with my index finger and my thumb.

"Sorry. . .but you loved it," Josh says winking at me. I shake my head amused and grab his arm pushing him out the door.

"Bye Fletcher," I say slamming the door in his gorgeous face.

* * * * *

"Oh my goodness, guys I'm so sorry I'm a bit late," I apologise and sit down next to Luke in Starbucks. Valerie grimaces at me like I was a rotten tomato. I smile sheepishly playing with my ring.

"A bit late?" Valerie asks pursing her lips, "You're a freaking hour late so you are."

"Cut her some slack, you can't stop love," Luke defends and Valerie rolls her eyes sipping on her espresso.

"How's Kate? I've been meaning to call her." I ask turning to Luke.

"She's great, she might be coming over for prom," Luke says, his eyes lighting up.

"Your talking about prom already?" Valerie chimes in, Luke and I snap our heads in her direction almost forgetting she was there.

"I mean why not," Luke shrugs.

"I wonder what this years theme is going to be?" I question thoughtfully.

"Same, I hope it's not crap though," Valerie says getting up. Luke and I mimic her actions and we all walk out if the cafe together.

* * * * *

Josh's POV

I park my truck in front of the hospital and get out of the car, I run a hand through my hair, exhaling deeply then walking into the hospital. I go to the reception, I breath in deeply instantly regretting my actions since I hate the smell of hospitals. The receptionist finishes on the phone and looks up at me with her ice blue eyes.