Chapter 7

'Welcome to our new home!' Isaac exclaimed as I met them in our new apartment.

'How did you get this so quickly?' I marvelled at Isaac and Elliot's achievement.

'Well, while you were having make out sessions with your boyfriend,' Elliot started sarcastically, making me roll my eyes. 'We looked round this part of the city, Orchid Bay, and found this apartment. They weren't asking for too much money, either. So we took it.'

'It certainly is nice,' I said, looking around the main room.

It was very modern looking, the kitchen and living room open plan and very black, white and chrome. Opening the cupboards of the kitchen, I found that they were already stocked with utensils, cutlery and other equipment. The rooms were all already decorated and furnished, as if the previous owner had left all their things in a hurry.

'These apartments have just been built,' Isaac explained. 'This was used to show everyone around, it seems, and they included all the furniture in our rent for a low price.'

'What, were they desperate or something?' I asked.

'Starling City hasn't got a very good reputation,' Isaac explained further. 'Not many people want to move here because of all the crime.'

'True,' I nodded in understanding.

Picking my suitcase up from the living room, where the boys had left it for me, I felt my phone buzz in the jeans pocket. Dumping the suitcase down in my room, I answered the call.

'Hey, Aria, it's Tommy,' Tommy's voice came through the phone.

'I thought you'd had enough of me for one day,' I laughed, sitting down on my bed.

'Are you able to come over tonight?' Tommy requested, already making plans.

'Yeah, sure,' I agreed.

At least I didn't have work the next day.

'Good,' Tommy exclaimed. 'Oh, and dress up, we're going to Corrado's.'

Corrado's was the word Tommy and I used to refer to Corrado's Italian Bistro, an expensive restaurant we had been in once after I had fantasied about going in for months. The steak was especially famous throughout the city.

'Okay,' I said. 'See you, Tommy.'

---

Making final adjustments to my hair, I straightened out my coral dress and flicked my hair to the side, just before I remembered to turn the curling iron off. It was ages since I had been to a restaurant as formal as Corrado's, and the thought of slipping up in front of Tommy making me feel sick.

'Isaac, Elliot, I'm just going out with Tommy,' I announced, my voice ringing through the apartment.

There was no answer, or even a sign of life. I guessed they were already up to something.

As a black BMW pulled up outside the apartment block, its window rolled down to reveal its driver to be Tommy.

'Nice,' I said, not realising I was talking aloud.

'I take it you like it,' Tommy smiled. 'Come on, we're going to be late!'

'Okay,' I nodded, opening the passenger seat door.

'You look... beautiful,' Tommy complemented me as I sat next to him.

'Thank you,' I said, not accustomed to compliments. 'As do you.'

'You think I'm beautiful?' Tommy laughed.

I didn't mean it in a girly or feminine way, but I really did think Tommy was beautiful. I clearly was still attracted to him.