Chapter 33

'I came as fast as I could,' I heard Tommy say after running down the hallways of the CCPD to the holding cell I was being kept in.

'Tommy?' I exclaimed in surprise. 'How come you're here?'

'I'm gonna try and persuade my dad to bail you out,' Tommy informed me with anticipation. 'He's got enough money on his hands.'

'I don't live with you and your father anymore, Tommy,' I said, shaking my head. 'I don't think Malcolm will waste money on an innocent person anyway. I'm sure they're going to release me soon, once they find who the real killer is. Don't worry, Tommy.'

But on the contrary, I really, really was worried.

'Why do they think it's you, then?' Tommy asked me with sad eyes. 'You're not a murderer, Aria. Just hang in there.'

'I'll try,' I laughed.

'Laurel's sorry she couldn't make it,' Tommy told me. 'She's got some important case that can't wait - apparently there's a time limit when someone's sentenced to death.'

'She's carrying on with the Declan case?' I asked happily. 'That's great!'

'Yeah, something like that,' Tommy agreed, before looking at me straight in the eyes. 'You will get out of here. I promise.'

'I told you, there's no need to worry,' I rolled my eyes.

'But you clearly are,' Tommy claimed, analysing me closely.

'Fine,' I admitted. 'Of course I'm worried! I'm convicted of the worst crime possible, and death can be sentenced with death. I don't want to die, Tommy. What if they don't find whoever's been framing me?'

'Someone's framing you?' Tommy questioned me in shock. 'Why didn't you say earlier?'

'I thought you'd realised,' I shrugged. 'Someone planted the murder weapon at the crime scene, which happened to be my bedroom in my apartment, and there's absolutely no sign of a break in. I guess they think I'm some psycho girlfriend.'

'But you're not,' Tommy shook his head in dismay. 'You were just upset about Marcus and so you escaped that apartment. But the cops probably think you killed him in anger.'

Suddenly, some detective burst in with a young man by his side, both looking extremely happy to see me.

'Who are... You?' I asked them, looking from one to the other.

But as I looked at the younger one, I felt as though I had seen him before. I recognised him, I was sure if it. And then it clicked. He was Barry Allen.

'Barry?' I exclaimed aloud, causing him to skew his head in shock.

'You... Remember me?' Barry asked with a laugh.

'Of course I do, I remember everyone I meet,' I smiled. 'You were with that high school group when I taught you all about the Forensic Science Department of the SCPD.'

I also wanted to tell Barry how sorry I was that I couldn't solve his mother's murder when my classmates and I used the case as a university project. That was when I first met The Reverse Flash too, and when I learnt that some things were too involved to get into.