Chapter 48

'How is that... Good?' I cried out, completely taken aback this time. 'Isaac died so I could live? That's basically... Murder!'

'Aria, you told me you could handle the truth!' Rip exclaimed in his defence. 'You wanted to know!'

'I think you should've had better judgement than that, Captain,' I narrowed my eyes at him in anger. 'You don't just go round telling people they should be dead!'

'I'm a time traveller, not a humanitarian!' He exclaimed again, growing annoyed himself. 'I only risked coming here, away from my mission, to help you. Now I wish Sara hadn't been so persuasive.'

'So it was Sara who had this idea?' I interrogated him. 'You didn't care about me at all, did you? I'm just an-an aberration in the timeline you had to deal with?'

'Aria, calm down,' Rose said as she restrained me from attacking Rip. 'You can't change the past now.'

'But I bet Rip can,' I narrowed my eyes at him. 'Thanks for nothing but pain and misery!'

I stormed off the ship, anger completely taking control over me now. I was angry at Rip, angry at myself, and angry that time itself had created this awful decision of either Isaac or I having to die. If only the time travellers had left me alone, I would still he over Isaac's death, but now I knew a bigger truth, I was disgusted at myself for simply existing.

'You don't have to leave them like this,' Rose shouted behind me as she followed me out of the ship. 'They want to help us, all of us.'

'I don't need their help,' I retaliated. 'I think they've done enough.'

'Stop being so immature, Aria,' Rose shouted, before realising what she had said. 'Sorry, I-'

'Immature?' I repeated my sister's words spitefully. 'I just found out that the universe wanted me dead! And because I stopped that from happening, Isaac died in my place. I have every right to be upset, or 'immature' as you said.'

'You need to let them talk to you, please,' Rose appealed to me, looking upset at me blocking the time travellers. 'They can explain-'

'No, they can't,' I uttered quietly. 'Go home, Rose. Stop searching for answers. You don't know what you're getting into.'

'Aria-'

'Goodbye, Rose.'

As soon as she left into the Waverider for what I assumed was a lift home, I set off to Leyla's hideout, like I had been before Rip Hunter had torn my life apart. My emotions were all over the place, my mind not knowing what to think. I was truly boggled and I felt as if I was going nowhere, stuck in a dark void of confusion.

'You're later than I expected,' Leyla commented when I joined her. 'Was the police department busy?'

'No,' I barely said, not being able to process anything she was saying due to the surge in my many emotions finally reaching their peak. 'I... I have had the weirdest evening.'

'Whatever happened?' Leyla's interest was heightened. 'Was it Merlyn?'

'No, not... Exactly,' I shook my head quickly, shaking all my thoughts from my mind. 'But I was visited by time travellers.'