Chapter 67

'Felicity?' Oliver raised his voice in panic as we ran into the IT Department of Queen Consolidated, where Felicity had been working that evening.

'Oliver,' we heard her whimper from behind her desk. 'Oliver.'

Rushing to her position, we found Felicity face down on the floor, her hands tied behind her back and her feet bound together so she was helpless. Makeup was smudged all over her face and a scarf was tightly wrapped around her neck, I guessing Helena had used it to torture her.

'I'm here,' he spoke to her as calmly as he could, breaking the ties with a penknife.

'It's okay now, Felicity,' I tried to comfort her as she trembled. 'You're safe.'

'You okay?' Oliver checked, helping her to sit up and face us, his hand on her cheek to tell her that everything was okay.

Without warning, marching footsteps came our way at the doorway of the room, Oliver and I turning abruptly to the intruder, ready to attack. When we saw it was Diggle, we backed down immediately, rather embarrassed.

'I got your call,' Diggle explained with haste so we wouldn't attack him. 'What happened?'

'Helena,' Oliver announced in anger.

'She wanted the address of the safe house where her father's being kept,' Felicity informed us guiltily. 'She made me hack the FBI database. Sorry, Ollie.'

'Hey, it's not your fault,' Oliver let her know so she wouldn't feel disheartened or liable.

'Oliver, what are you gonna do?' Diggle wondered urgently.

'What I should've done in the first place,' Oliver merely said, storming off to deliver justice.

'You're not going alone,' I joined him in his pursuit for Helena.

'I told you, Helena is my problem,' Oliver tried to get rid of me, but I wasn't for leaving.

'You couldn't do what was necessary on your own,' I contested him. 'But with a little help, you won't need to make the hard choices alone.'

'Fine,' Oliver finally gave in to my plea, but I spotted that he was still riddled with worry.

'What is it, Oliver?' I wondered, offering my support to him while I put my current frustration at him to the side.

'I just feel responsible, for all of this,' he stressed sadly. 'First Tommy, now Felicity, and if we don't win, then she might hurt you.'

'Oliver, I can handle myself,' I told him straight. 'And you know that it's risky, what we do. That's why you didn't tell Tommy or Felicity about your crusade until you had to, or me until I helped you out last year. Yes, Tommy is annoyed at you for it, but if you hadn't left him out of it before, this might have not been the first time he was in danger.'

'That wasn't the first time,' Oliver said quietly, puzzling me. 'There's something I didn't tell you about my five years of hell.'

'Well, you can tell me about that after we've found Helena,' I ordered him, anxious of time as we hurried to the safe house. 'But now, just focus, and only worry about stopping Helena murder her father.'