Proofread

Proofread is defined as a process of reading someone's work and to correct for errors.

I took writing class when I was in college and I was one of the best proofreaders. I live in a country whose main language is not English. I have classmates that are really bad in grammar and words. A book with incorrect grammar and containing missing words is hard to understand. Some readers might change their mind and will no longer read the book. Have some time to ask friends to proofread your work. You can proofread your own work for misspellings and other stuff but with regards to grammar, someone else should read it. Why? When someone reads your work, their understanding of the message of the sentence is different from what you meant.

Example: I has eat the foood in tha table weeth my freinds. An supper markit is an plays were you can bye grocerys. The Banans have been ate buy the kidz.

If we write in complete sentence, with proper grammar and with right words, It is easy and pleasing for the reader. I asked a friend to proofread the sentences for me. Here it goes.

Example: I have eaten the food on the table with my friends. A supermarket is a place where you can buy groceries. The Bananas have been eaten by the kids.

The first one is annoying and hard to understand. Right?

Remember the point of proofreading. It is a really great factor which could help you promote your stories. If you read my story entitled "Wishing Star" I have proofread it 3 times before publishing it. sometimes while reading my own story I could still see some minor errors. Major errors are big issues but if it is just small, then it's fine.