Chapter:9

*Paisley's POV*

I want to die. That's all that was running through my head as I walked over to Lela and my other friends. What happened with Xander just mere seconds ago was..was...amazing, incredible, like nothing I had ever felt before. But it was so embarrassing.

The entire class, from both his pack and mine, were watching and saw everything that happened. I mean everybody in both packs has to know that were mates by now, if they don't then they must be stupid.

I sighed as I ran a hand threw my messy hair and approached the girls. My friends were all silent as I reached them and I was starting to feel even more nervous as I stood in front of them. They all had looks of shock on there faces.

"What..was that?"Lela finally questioned, breaking the silence that had been surrounding us. I again sighed before shifting on my feet.

"It was n-nothing." I stuttered. Lela snorted before muttering a few words under her breath.

"Is he your mate?" Sydney asked suddenly. I froze on the spot before glancing at her with wide eyes. We're all close friends but I don't know if I should tell them. I bit my bottom lip and twisted my fingers together before slightly nodding my head. Sydney, Courtney and Violet all gasped while Lela kept her gaze on me.

Nobody said anything for a few seconds and I was starting to question my decision of telling them when Violet asked a question.

"Why didn't you tell us?" She asked quietly. I knew that this question was going to be coming and I don't know how to answer. I searched my brain for an excuse when I decided that I wasn't going to lie to them, because there my friends.

Because...I didn't know how to tell you guys." I finally answered after a few minutes. Sydney raised an eyebrow at me and crossed her arms over her chest.

wReally? How about, 'hey guys I found my mate and he's the totally sexy alpha from the other pack." Sydney finished with a giggle. A growl tried to make its way out when Sydney called Xander sexy but I thankfully held it in.

"It's not that simple okay, he doesn't exactly want me." I finished with a sigh. Again the three girls gasped and came a bit closet to me.

"Did he reject you?"Courtney asked in disbelief. I quickly shook my head no.

"He didn't reject me..he just told me that we can't be together because..I don't even know why." I answered quickly. Relief spread across there faces but was soon replaced with confusion.

"That doesn't make any sense."Sydney said and she put a hand on her hip. I nodded my head in agreement but before the conversation could continue any further the bell rang, signaling that the period was over.

We all made our way towards the locker room but before I entered I felt a pair of eyes on me. I slowly turned around and connected eyes with my mate.

He was simply staring at me and it as starting to make me nervous. After a few seconds he started walking towards me. My eyes widened and I felt a blush slowly rising on my cheeks.

When Xander reached me I nervously shifted on my feet.

"We need to talk, meet me after class." He said. I looked at him confused but he simply gave me a small smile and walked away. I stared at his back confused before turning away and trudging up the stairs to the locker rooms.

To be honest I'm really nervous to hear what he says, I'm afraid that he's going to tell me that it was a mistake and that it was never meant to happen. After I dressed back into my clothes I slowly made my way out of the locker room and into the hallway, and just as I expected Xander was leaning against the wall waiting for me. I stood next to him by the wall and looked down at the ground, nervously. He let out a long sigh before facing me.