Chapter:22

*Paisley's POV*

A small groan escaped my parted lips as I was awoken by a strange tingling coming from the side of my face. My eyes stayed sealed shut because my brain was not yet ready to wake from the peaceful sleep that I had been in only moments before.

The tingling traveled up the side of my face, all the way to my eyebrows, and then right back down to the edge of my chin. The tingling was a strange but pleasant feeling. It was then that I registered what the feeling was coming from.

My eyes shot open and I quickly lifted my head to see a pair of dark orbs staring back at me. Xander. My heart beat quickened and I heard my wolf yip in joy. I immediately sat up from my slouched position, ignoring the slight pain that came with it, before launching myself at my mate.

Now I admit that it probably wasn't the smartest idea, seeing as Xander was in the hospital for rather serious reasons, but I couldn't help myself as I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head there.

A quiet groan came from next to my ear and when I realized that it belonged to Xander I quickly pulled away and took a step back. Xander's face was twisted up in pain and I felt my heart throb when I realized that I had caused it.

"I'm so sorry! I just wasn't thinking! I've been so worried about you and when I realized that you were awake I got a little bit excited! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" My rather obnoxious and embarrassing rambling was cut off by a low chuckle that made my heart flutter.

All previous pain had disappeared from Xander's face and he was now looking at me with amusement.

"I'm fine angel, it only hurt for a second, now come back here." Xander ordered, motioning for me to return to his side. I shakily sighed before taking small steps towards him. When I was within reach Xander reached out, took my hand and pulled me to him.

I squeaked and tried to pull my hand out of his but he only continued to try to pull me onto his bed.

"Xander stop. I can't get on there with you, I'll hurt you." I stated. Xander rolled his eyes and with one last tug had me falling forward onto the bed. My eyes widened and I reached my hands out to try to stop myself but I didn't need to because Xander's hands were on my shoulders, holding me up.

"Now get on all the way." Xander said. I sighed before carefully crawling onto the small bed. I gently eased my body back onto the bed, making sure there was quit a bit of room between us, but Xander wasn't having any of that. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my body flush against his.

I tensed up, going stiff as a board, and tried to pull away. Xander sighed and brought his eyes down to mine.

"Paisley I'm not going to break, your not going to hurt me, so stop being so difficult and cuddle with me." My stubborn mate demanded and I couldn't help the small smile that came to my lips. Ever so slowly I relaxed into his side, gently resting my head on his chest and wrapping my arms around him.

A small sigh left me as Xander began to stroke my hair. We were completely tangled together and it was exactly how I preferred to be.

"You really scared me Xander." I whispered quietly after a few minutes of peaceful silence. Xander paused before looking down at me, connecting his eyes with mine.

"I felt everything. I thought you were dying." My voice cracked on the last word. And it was true, I had honestly thought that my mate was dying. It had felt like my heart was being stabbed with a million different knifes all at the same time, it was terrible and something I never want to feel again.

Xander's eyes softened and he slowly leaned down to leave a long, soft kiss to my forehead.

"I'm sorry angel. I'm so sorry that you had to feel that but you should know that I would never leave you, not without a fight that is." Xander promised as he stared intently into my eyes. I swallowed and tilted my head upwards.