Chapter:29

*Paisley's POV*

My mind was still racing from the conversation that I had just had with Cole. Though he left over half an hour ago I hadn't moved from my spot on the bed and I had been simply staring off into space.

His words were harsh but in the end they were what I needed to hear. At first I didn't want to believe what he had said, I tried to shake it off and convince myself that he was only lying. But then I realized something; why would he be lying to me? I mean what would be the point? And that's how I realized that everything Cole had said was true.

The things he had said about Xander cut deep. I knew that Xander didn't like showing any form of weakness and that's only natural because he's an alpha. I also knew that it must be bad if he had been crying, let alone allowing people to see him in his state of weakness.

I sighed before slowly rising from my bed, wincing when my numb legs straightened out. I quickly crossed the room and exited through the door. I couldn't hear any noise from downstairs but I knew that my parents were still in the house.

I found my dad sitting on the couch. My mom was nowhere to be seen and he was simply sitting on the sofa, staring at the black screen of the tv. I frowned before cautiously making my way towards him. I sat next to him and we were surrounded in silence for a little while, enjoying the silence.

"You need to speak to him." My dad finally said and I didn't even have to ask to know exactly who he was taking about. I pursed my lips and settled my eyes on a spot of the white wall. I remained silent, knowing that my dad had more to say.

"I know that you don't want to and I understand why, your hurt, but so is he. It's killing him you know, the way your treating him. I see him everyday and I can also see what an impact this is having on him. I heard everything Cole said to you and though he was a bit harsh everything he said was true." Dad finished looking over at me.

I bit my bottom lip before slowly turning my eyes towards him. The expression on his face was completely serious and it only worsened the ever growing guilt that was building inside of me.

"I know that I need to speak with him. I can feel his pain through our bond as I'm sure he can feel mine but it just doesn't make any sense. There's no reasonable explanation to what I saw." I ended my explanation. My dad stared at me intently, as if he was looking for something, and when he finally spoke again he did so with a small smile on his face.

"You may not think that there is an explanation but I promise you that if you just speak to the him this whole thing will be cleared up. That boy loves you Paisley, he would never do something like that to you." And as soon as the words left his mouth I finally felt something besides pity for myself, I felt determination.

I had been so busy feeling sorry for myself that I didn't even bother to just think things through. I knew what my dad said was true. Xander loves me, so much, just as I do him, and for me to even think that he would do something like that to me is just ridicules.

"Thank you daddy!" I exclaimed as I leaned over to give my dad a kiss on the cheek. I jumped up from the seat before running up the stairs and into my bedroom. I slammed the door shut before rushing around my room in a whirlwind. I quickly pulled on a shirt and a pair of jeans before brushing out my damp hair, I didn't even bother with makeup, I simply slipped my shoes on and was out the door.

My parents were waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me. My dad was holding out the keys to his car, seeing as I don't have my own, and my mom was giving me a large smile. I snatched the keys from his hand before being pulled into a hug by my very happy mother.

"In so glad that you finally came to your senses sweetheart!" She exclaimed, kissing the top of my head. I laughed lightly before pulling away. I was about to tell them were I was going but I figured that they already had that figured out so instead I bid them both goodbye and left the house.

I slid into my dads sleek black car and swiftly stuck the keys in the ignition. I carefully backed out of the driveway before turning down the road and beginning the twenty minute drive to mates house.

My nerves were only getting worse the closer I got to Xander's house and even though I tried to distract myself by listening to music it didn't seem to be working. My fingers had begun to nervously tap on the steering wheel and my bottom lip was being to bleed from my constant biting.

The reason that I was so nervous was mainly to do with the fact that I had treated Xander so poorly and he had every right in the world to be furious with me and to not except my apology.

By the time I pulled into the driveway of the large pack house my heart was practically beating a mile a minute. I cut the power before closing my eyes and resting my head on the steering wheel. I took multiple deep breaths before I decided that I was ready. I had to clench my hands by my side as I walked to the door and I hesitated when I got there.

I mean it is a pack house but seeing as I'm not apart of this pack I felt as if I should knock. My fist softy tapped the door, knowing that everybody inside would be able to hear. Only a few seconds later was the door thrown open and there stood Xander's mom, Emily, smiling happily.

That smile however faltered when she saw who it was.

"Paisley? What a surprise. Are you here to see..?" Emily trailed off, knowing that I would know who see was talking about. I slightly nodded my head. I saw relief flash through her eyes before she stood back and let to let me in. I cautiously stepped in and glanced around the familiar place.

"Thank goodness your here, Reed and I are very worried about him. We don't know what happened but I really hope you guys can work it out. He's up in his room." Emily told me, motioning to the stairs. I nodded in thanks before slowly climbing the large steps.

Xander's room was located on the second floor so it took me a few minutes to reach it but as I neared the room I heard voices from the inside. I recognized the voice of Cole, Dylan, Blake and of course Xander. The four of them were laughing at something but they quieted when a knock was heard on the door, my knock.

There was silence for a few seconds and I knew that they were most probably all aware of who was stood at the other side of the door. Eventually the dark door slowly creaked open and I caught sight of them. Blake was the one who had opened the door, Dylan was stood next to him and Cole was seated on the bed next to Xander.

Oh Xander. He looked terrible. There was large, dark bags under his eyes, which were red and blood shot, his hair was sticking up in every different direction and I could see that both of his chuckles were badly cut up. As soon as he laid his eyes on me Xander let out a shaky sigh before running a hand, for what must have been the hundredth time, through his dark hair.

The boys must have realized what a serious conversation this was about to be because each of them slowly, one by one, slipped out the door. I didn't miss the small smile Cole gave me as he passed me.

I slowly stepped into the room and quietly shut the door behind me. We were engulfed in silence for a few moments before I finally let out a sigh and said;

"We need to talk."

......................................................................

Hey guys! So normally I try to update once every week but I have just been writing like crazy on this story and what's the point in making you guys wait? Anyways I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: