Chapter:16

*Paisleys POV*

My whole body was frozen. It was like I couldn't move, couldn't breath. The shock from what had just happened paralyzed my body, making it nearly impossible for me to do anything.

Xander had marked me, without my permission. He didn't even ask if I was alright with it, if I was ready to take our relationship to the next level. Hell I hadn't even decided if I had forgiven him yet.

My widened eyes lifted up to Xanders to see that he was already staring down at me, a look of worry on his face. My heart fluttered at the contact and I silently cursed myself, the bond was ten times stronger now.

You see when two mates find one another a bond is instantly formed between them but its not as strong as it could be, there are steps to completing the bond. First there's physical contact which is a very easy step, one that people do without even thinking about it, next is the marking. Some people choose to complete the marking when they complete the final step, the mating, but most choose to do it sooner.

A mating mark is a bite that a female wolf is given by her mate and it later heals to look like a cresent moon. The mark not only shows that the girl belongs to somebody but it also entertwines the two mates scents, making it obvious that they are indeed mates.

Now Im not saying that Im unhappy that Xander marked me because its in my nature to want to bare my mates mark but I am angry that he didn't even ask me if I was okay with it. The mark instantly strengthens our bond and I honestly dont know if Im ready for that.

I let out a shaky breath that got caught in my throat as soon as Xander raised his hand to my cheek, caressing it with his large thumb. The oh so familiar sparks instantly erupted from where our skin was touching but they weren't the same, they were much much stronger.

I gasped at the new sensation and my heart sped up when I saw the satisfied look on my mates face. Xander dropped his hand down and I suddenly felt cold but I still didn't say anything, I only stared into his eyes.

"Paisley?" Xander questioned cautiously. I could see the worry and unease in his eyes, he was worried about my reaction. I frowned and finally tore my eyes away from his.

"Why did you do that?" I questioned quietly. Xander was silent for a moment before he released a sigh.

"My wolf took over, I-I couldn't stop. Im sorry." He finally spoke out. I gulped and ran a hand through my messy hair. My thoughts were all over the place, I couldn't decided if I should be happy that I held my mates mark or if I should be angry because he didn't ask for my permission first.

"Are you mad at me?" Xander broke me out of my thoughts when he asked, sounding sad. My eyes snapped to him and my heart immediately melted at what I saw. Xander looked absolutely adorable as he stared at me, lips unconsciously pouted, and eyebrows pulled down into a frown. I could tell that he was sad because I hadn't yet given him an answer to his question.

I scooted my body closer to his and raised my hand up to rest on his cheek, holding in the sigh that wanted to escape because of the intense sparks. A small smile appeared on my face when Xander closed his eyes and pressed his cheek further into my hand.

"Im not mad at you, there's no way I could be." I whispered to him, not wanting to break our intimate moment. Xanders eyes slowly fluttered open before they rested on my own, searching to see if there was any sign that what I had just said was a lie.

A smile then lit up Xanders face as he suddenly reached forward and brought my body to his, resting me in his lap.

"Good. I was afraid that you were mad." He spoke as he kissed the top of my head. A small laugh slipped out of my mouth before I looked up at my mate.