Chapter:19

*Paisley's POV*

When I watched Xander walk out that door it felt like he had taken my heart with him. His words cut me deep but I knew that he was only saying them in the heat of the moment.

I don't understand why he's acting like this. It all started two days ago, we were doing perfectly fine, being perfectly happy, when he suddenly starts to act distant and rude. I blamed it on the stress from the pressure his father has been putting on him, he's trying to get us to hurry up and complete the mating bond so we can take over the pack.

But today was his something else. I try to get him to open up to me but he refuses to and as his defense he says hurtful things.

I sighed and glanced yet again at the clock on the wall, five more minutes of this dreadful class and I can go home. After our fight I had taken a minute to go back to class and when I did it was already half way over, I then proceeded to suffer through my last two classes.

When the bell finally rang I was the first one out of the door. I didn't even stop at my locker because I was so eager to get home. Xander had brought me to school this morning so I was going to have to ask Seth for a ride.

I entered the parking lot and scanned my eyes around the space, looking for my two friends, and cursed when I noticed that their car was nowhere to be found. With a sigh I walked towards the left side of the parking lot, where the entrance to the forest was, and prepared myself for the long walk home.

I had just stepped foot onto the dirt covered forest floor when my name was called out behind me. I quickly turned around and frowned when I saw who it was. Xander stood about ten feet away from me and let me tell you something, he looked like crap.

His dark hair was crazily sticking up on his head, his clothes were wrinkled, his cheeks looked red and his eyes tiredly dropped. My frown deepened and I slowly took a step towards him.

I was still hurt by what he had said and a little bit angry but Xander looked really upset right now, which is funny because I'm the one who should look like that.

I was still taking small, cautious steps towards him and apparently that bothered him because the next thing I knew Xander was rushing towards me at an inhuman speed. He quickly closed the space between us, gripped my waist firmly, and planted his lips on mine proceeding to kiss me senseless.

My mind was reeling, confusion was all I felt, hadn't he just been angry with me no more then two hours ago? But I couldn't help myself and I soon gave in by wrapping my arms around his neck and tangling my fingers in his hair. I slightly tugged and smiled when he groaned. When we were both running out of breath he pulled away and kissed down my neck, to my mark.

It was just before his lips touched the tender spot that I realized that I shouldn't be doing this. If I keep forgiving him so easily he will continue to think that it's alright to speak and treat me so harshly.

I placed my small hands on his chest and gave him a firm push. When Xander slightly stumbled away from me I took two large steps away from him. I saw the confusion in his eyes as he locked them with mine but I simply pursed my lips and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You can't keep doing this Xander. You can't keep saying and doing things that bring me down, that make me hurt. I'm sick of playing this game and I'm going to do it anymore! The way you talk to me sometimes is not okay, you won't let me in and then you get mad when I try to do it myself! Unless you stop acting-" I began to rant with my voice raised loudly but Xander's next words cut me off, left me speechless.

"I love you." Xander spoke with such confidence and truth that I felt my knees wobble. My breath hitched before leaving my lungs completely, my heart pounded violently against my rib cage, and all anger left my body.

I love you. The words repeated in my head, over and over again. He loves me. My lungs began to burn from lack of oxygen and I was forced to take in a deep, shaky breath. He loves me.

I searched Xander's eyes, looking for any trace of a lie, but there was none. He was simply staring back at me with such honest eyes that I felt my own tear up. My mate meant what he had just said with his whole heart.

My sight became blurry and I felt my hands begin to shake. I never knew that this would have such an effect on me.

"I love you so much, so much that it hurts. I love you with every bone in my body, I just love you. I love the way you blush when your embarrassed and the way your nose scrunches up when your confused. I love the way you talk in your sleep and the way you look when your angry. I love the dimples that appear when you smile, the twinkle in your eyes when your amused and the way you look at me, I love that the most. I love you Paisley, I love every little thing about you."

As he spoke Xander took small, slow steps towards me but I hardly noticed because the tears that were flowing out of my eyes made it nearly impossible to see. It crossed my mind, for a moment, that I probably cry more then I should but that thought quickly disappeared when I noticed that Xander was stood right in front of me.

He slowly reached his arms out for me, giving me time to pull away, before gently wrapping them around me and pulling my body to his. He stared down at me with the softest of smiles on his face and gently wiped the tears away.

"I know that I haven't been the nicest the last few days but its because I have been trying to gather up the courage to tell you what I just did. I was so afraid of telling you, so afraid to put my heart out on the line, but then I realized that your worth it. Your worth the vulnerability, the doubt that I feel when taking about my feelings, and I was so stupid to think otherwise. I love you so much and I'm sorry for being such a dick."

Xander ended his heart felt apology with a colorful word and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my mouth or the many giggles after that. After a few moments Xander joined my giggle fest and chuckled along with me. We simply held each other as we laughed.

I knew that I shouldn't forgive him so easily, that I should stay mad at him longer and teach him a lesson, but I honestly didn't have it in me. I didn't have it in me to continue to be mad at the boy who had just poured his heart out to me, I just couldn't so instead I lifted my head from his chest and brought his lips down to mine.

The kiss was soft, sweet as sugar and when we broke away I placed my chin on his chest and stared up at him. A tender smile lifted my lips and I tightened my arms around him.

"I love you too." Came my soft spoken words and the bright smile that lit my mates face made my heart race yet again. Xander hugged me to his body tighter and nuzzled my face into his neck, he gently stoked my sides and place a kiss on the top of my head.

"It sounds so good to hear you say that. I love you angel, I love you so much."

And I knew that he meant every word.

...............................................................

Hey guys! So I decided that I couldn't wait to write the next chapter! I know it's kinda short but I wanted it to be short and sweet and that's what it is. So a few of you are saying that the chapters feel like there repeating themselves and I apologize if that is so. I want this story to have lots of ups and downs and I'm sorry if you feel like they are all the same but I'm trying to move it along.

Anyways hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: