Chapter:24

*Paisley's POV*

The noises in the hallway were loud. Different sounds filled my ears as I listened to the people around me. My friends surrounded me and it was good to see their faces again. I had finally returned back to school today and it, strangely enough, felt good to be back.

I had refused to attend school while Xander was hurt because my worry for him wouldn't have allowed me to concentrate anyways but now that he is completely healed we both returned. It was halfway through the day and the number of greetings Xander and I have received haven't slowed down.

Everybody found out about the incident and they have all been very kind, being extra respectful to the both of us. It wasn't like our pack members hadn't been respectful before but it was just at a new level now, with people opening doors for me, along with treating Xander with extra care.

I could tell that Xander didn't like the babying that he was getting, he appreciated it yes, but he doesn't like having people do everything for him seeing as he is a alpha male. Though the incident is a hot topic for people to talk about right now it isn't the biggest one.

Graduation. An event that is due to happen in just two weeks. I hadn't even realized that the particular event was so near until I had arrived back to school today and it has been all I have been hearing. Everybody is so eager to get out of this place, to move on to somewhere different. I understand their feelings though its not the same for me seeing as I won't be graduating.

The only sucky thing about being a year younger than all of my friends is that I have to wait longer for certain things, like graduation. So while Seth, Lela, Perrie and Xander will be graduating from this school in two weeks I won't. I'll have to come back next year without any of them to complete my senior year and it sucks.

A quiet sigh escaped my lips when the thought of graduation came to my mind and I immediately felt Xander's eyes on me.

"You alright?" Xander questioned quietly. I turned towards him and took in his worried face. I was aware that he could feel my sadness through the mate bond so I didn't even think about trying to lie to him.

"Yeah I'm fine, just thinking about graduation." I answered truthfully. I felt somewhat bad admitting that to him because though he tries to play it cool I could feel how excited he is about the event and I just don't want to rain on his parade. A frown came over his face and he looked somewhat confused.

"What about graduation?" Xander questioned, wanting me to clarify. The corners of my lips twitched down but I quickly shook off the sour look. I ran a hand through my dark hair before answering his question.

"I won't be graduating with you guys, I still have another year to go." I finally answered. It was somewhat funny to watch, the surprised look that came over Xander's face. It was like he hasn't even thought about the fact, like he was just realizing it.

Xander pursed his lips and crossed his arms over his chest, he looked deep in thought. I could feel the disappointment coming through our bond but I did nothing but simply watch him. Eventually a sigh came from Xander before he reached out and pulled me to his chest.

"I'm sorry angel." He finally let out. A small laugh left my mouth as I rested my chin on Xander's broad chest.

"It's alright, I'll get over it, but what I can't wait for is to see you walk across that stage and except your diploma." I admitted with a wide smile. A smile also overtook Xander's face as soon as the more than proud sounding words were heard and he squeezed me more tightly to him, causing a giggle to come from me.

Our sweet moment was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Get a room! Do you two ever stop being all mushy and sweet?" Cole yelled out as he walked down the hallway towards us. I turned my head to see that Cole along with Dylan and Blake were strutting down the hall towards us. It never stops being strange seeing those three together because they all look so similar. Their cousins while Dylan and Blake are brothers. Their all extremely close, add Xander to the group and their like the four musketeers

"Hey guys, what's up?" Xander questioned when the three boys finally reached our group. Cole had just opened his mouth to respond but he didn't get the chance to because something else was heard, something that made everybody snap their heads to the right.

"Mate." Came one word from two different peoples mouths simultaneously. Perries eyes were so wide that I thought that they were going to burst. I could see the complete amazement in them as well as she stared at him, her mate.

Blake was no different. His eyes were locked on Perrie, I could see the complete and utter adoration in his eyes and the way he was holding his breath didn't go unnoticed. Perrie had finally found her mate but he is somebody that I would have never thought of. It makes sense though, why she had only just found him.

You see Blake just only turned sixteen. His birthday is only a month before mine. It's not often that the male is the younger of the two mates but it does happen. Perrie has only been here for a few months and Blake has only been sixteen for a few months, add to the fact that they didn't even get the chance to properly meet before this and it makes perfect sense as to why they only just found each other.

We all watched in happiness as the two mates slowly moved towards each other. Though Blake is younger then Perrie he is quite taller and as she stood in front of him he towered over her. Blake cautiously raised a hand and brought it to Perries cheek. They both gasped when their skin came into contact. Perrie closed her eyes and leaned into his hand, a sigh escaping her lips.

It was then that I turned away, along with the rest of my friends, we all turned our backs to the new mates and walked a few feet away. I knew that the others felt what I was feeling, that what was happening with the two wasn't our business to be watching.

"Wow." Cole finally said after a few minutes of silence.

"Who would have guessed." Pitched in Dylan. Dylan had yet to find his own mate but I could tell that he was happy for his little brother.

"Perrie finally found her mate." I stated in a happy voice before smiling over at Lela, who looked just as happy as myself. The loud bell signaling the end of our lunch period rung overhead and we all let out quiet groans that were quickly replaced by small laughs.

"Well we better get going." Said Lela as she and Seth waved and smiled before walking off. Cole and Dylan left in the same manner and then it was just Xander and I.

"Lets go." He ordered, tugging on my hand. I smiled and walked along side him as he led me to my class. We stopped outside the door to the locker rooms and Xander leaned down to plant a small kiss on my lips. He pulled away and smiled down at me, stroking my cheek.

"Where playing dodgeball today and I'm so going to beat you." Xander taunted in a sweet voice. I scoffed before pulling away and slapping his chest.

"No you're not, jerk." I answered back lamely. Xander smirked before pulling away and stepping back.

"Well see about that angel." He challenged. I huffed childishly and all I heard as he walked away was his sweet laughter.

..

Xander did beat me in dodgeball. He also teased me about it the whole way to the parking lot. I simply rolled my eyes as he continued to tease me.

"I told you I would beat you and boy was it sweet, you should have seen your face when I got you out. Priceless." Xander laughed. Normally I am a really sore loser seeing as I am an alpha but I didn't really mind losing to Xander because seeing that playful smile on his face is enough.

Xander and I walked hand in hand to his car before stopping by the passenger side. Xander wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled me to him. I sighed and placed my arms around his waist, returning the comforting hug. We didn't say anything for a few moments, only watched the people around us.

We both watched as Perrie and Blake came into view. The newly found mates were holding hands and smiling lovingly at each other. We watched as Blake opened his car door for her but not before kissing her on the cheek, causing Perrie to giggle.

My attention was drawn away from the two when Xander sighed heavily. I turned my head upwards to see that he was looking down at me sadly. I frowned and cocked my head to the right, sending him a questioning look.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I could feel his guilt quite strongly through the bond and it only made me all the more curious.

"I'm sorry you know." Xander finally whispered. This only made me frown more because I had no clue what he was taking about.

"For what?" I asked, trying to get him to continue. Xander looked down at his feet, refusing to meet my gaze.

"For being such a crappy mate at first. For not accepting you right away. For putting you through what I did and for hurting you so much." Xander finally got out, his voice cracking on the last word. My eyes widened before I quickly pursed my lips.

Xander still wouldn't look at me so I reached up and grabbed his chin, attempting to get him to look at me but he simply pulled away.

"Look at me." I ordered as I yet again grabbed his chin. Xander reluctantly turned his eyes towards me and I saw how much pain he was in. I released his chin, wrapped my arms around him tightly and buried my head in his chest. I felt Xander rest his chin on my head as his arms came around me.

I just hugged him. And that's all we did was hug for a few seconds before I pulled away and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Xander that's in the past. Sure you didn't do what you should have in the beginning, you made a mistake and everybody does. That doesn't matter anymore, I love you so much and that's all that matters." I spoke firmly, truthfully. Xander gulped before hugging me back to him.

I felt his chest heavily rising and falling but eventually it calmed down and eventually he spoke.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me."

But I did. I understood.

...............................................................

Hey guys! So sorry that it took so long but here it is! What do you think? Perrie finally found her mate, yay! Anyways I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: