· · 039 ¬

· · jack's pov ¬

"abre puerta #43." i was lead into a cell with smoke roaming around the ceiling. i stood there in the hideous and unstylish jumpsuit. i walked in the cell, not knowing what to do.

i looked up and a guy with a lightly scruff, curly hair, and a cigarette hanging from his lips jumped down from the top bunk.

"yo, weed gilinsk. i'm nate maloley, but you can call me skate." he said, sticking his hand out. (chest pains!!1!) i shook it and looked around the small room. "which bed you want?" he asked. "the bottom is fine." i mumbled.

"well, it's time for breakfast." he announced, dropping his cig and smashing it with his foot.

"do i have to?" i asked. he nodded with a sympathetic look. "i know, but the food isn't so bad here." he shrugged. we walked out and made our way to the cafeteria.

the room grew silent once i had entered. i sighed out and followed nate. we both grabbed a tray and got in line.

"the best for the one and only." a old man smirked, chuckling. i glared at him as he splashed the mac'n'cheese on a bowl. he frowned. "it's a joke." he explained. i scoffed and continued moving down the line.

once we got our food nate and i sat with a boy with a snapback, munching on a burrito.

where the fuck were the burritos at?

"gilinsk. this is my bro, john, but we all call him swazz." he said. (daddy af shit!!) he looked up at me and nodded his head. "pleasure to meet you, weed jesus." he smiled. "same goes to you, swazz." i said back.

"there he is!" i heard sammy's voice. i turned around and all the boys were staring ahead of me. i signaled them to come over. "they can sit down, right?" i asked nate and swazz. they nodded.

"HEY, MOVE IT, GUYS!" swazz yelled, shooing away the people next to us. they furrowed their eyebrows but once their eyes landed on mine, they immediately sat on the bench behind us.

"guys, this is swazz and nate, but you can call him skate." i introduced them. they all shook hands and sat down.

"so, should i introduce myself or do you want to?" swazz asked nate. nate pointed at himself. "so, you all may have noticed that swazz is eating a burrito. there were no burritos in the kitchen. swazz can get you all anything. from mcdonalds to new shoes." we all looked at swazz and raised our eyebrows. he smirked and nodded.

"anything?" shawn asked. "anything." swazz replied.

-

"lights out!" the guard yelled. nate pulled the switch down and climbed up the top bunk. "can i asked you a question, gilinsk?" nate abruptly asked. i closed my eyes. "what?" i saw his hand dangle down on the side as his index and middle finger held onto a cigarette.

"how does it feel to sell all those drugs and having all the bills in the world?" his question rung in my ears as i slowly opened my eyes.

"i mean, i know you are, or were the most wanted, but what was that other feeling?" i sat up and took his stick out of his hand, placing it between my lips.

"it's passion. i grew with plants and snow next to me, above, and below me. the first time i tried cocaine, everything was fine. you lay back, take a drink of some coke or jack daniels, and think about things that you want to do next." i explained, thinking about my statements.

"but, when selling it, you feel like...i don't know...like your bigger than walmart, or costco." i puffed out a cloud of smoke before continuing. "you're in a business that you control with people you can trust and call family."

as soon as that last word left his mouth, zee's face appeared in his mind. his breathing became ragged.

he inhaled more smoke. he stood up and and started walking back and forth; beads of sweat already sticking to his hair.

"hey, g. you alright?" nate asked, sitting up. i shook my head and brought my shaking hand to my mouth, inserting the smoke down my lungs. nate brought me a glass of water, and i quickly drank all of it.

nate squished the cigarette and sat me down. "close your eyes for a while, bro. you need the sleep." he said.

with that said, i lied back down and ran a hand through my hair.

zee.

zee.

zee.

this got me excited in the beginning, but emotional at the end,,wtf is wrong with me.

I BARELY NOTICED AT @ClaireTooTurnt TAGGED ME INTO THE BABY TAG WAAAAY WHILE AGO AND I HAVEN'T READ HER BOOKS BC THEY ARE TOO PERFECT FOR ME BUT I DID AND IMMA DO IT NEXT CHAPTER ON HERE OR THE STRUGGLE!

anywhoosies, byee.