Chapter Three - Meet My Little Boy, Guys (EDITED)

(Dan's POV) 

I had given Daniel back to Persephone, because he needed to be fed. I left the hospital room, heading into the hallway. Her parents, Phil, and Crystal all sat there, clearly nervous. Her mom's head snapped up, and she got to her feet and appeared in front of me.

"How'd it go?" She asked 

I started smiling, before breaking into tears, "It went amazingly! He's gorgeous!" I whimpered, and she chuckled, giving me a tight hug. 

"I know he is. He's a little clone of you. Is she alright?" 

"She's fine. She's feeding him now," I replied, pulling away, wiping the tears from my face. 

Her mom nodded, "Are you two back together?" She asked, hand resting on my cheek, wiping away a tear 

I sighed, "I honestly have no idea, I'm just happy to have her back in my life," I said, scratching my neck 

She nodded, looking thoughtful, "Congratulations Dan. Welcome back to the family," 

"I'm glad. Now I need to go explain to Phil what's going on. The poor guy is so lost," I laughed, and she nodded. She returned to the hospital room, Crystal and her dad on her heels. I turned around to see Phil watching me confusedly. 

I walked to Phil, who looked at me expectantly, "What's going on, Dan?" 

"Phil...I'm a dad!" I cried 

Phil looked at me in shock, before jumping to his feet, "What?!" 

"She had a baby, Phil! I'm a daddy!" I screamed, throwing myself in his arms 

He stumbled a bit, before he started to cheer. He hugged me back, and I pulled away, "I'm a dad! I'm a dad! I'm a dad!" I repeated, gaining some congratulations and claps from the visitors in the waiting room. 

"Congratulations! I can't believe it!" Phil cried 

"Come on, you have to see him!" I grabbed his wrist and dragged him with me 

I opened the door, finding Crystal hovering over Persephone, her parents in the plastic chairs beside her bed. Phil went to hug Persephone, and I walked to the crib. Daniel was back in the bed, looking around the room curiously. 

"Hey there," I whispered, before picking him up carefully and resting him in my arms 

I turned to Phil, who was looking at me happily. His eyes rested on Daniel, and he gasped, "He's gorgeous!" 

I laughed, "I know right. We did well, didn't we?" I teased, glancing over at Persephone, who was laughing 

"Can I hold him?" Phil asked, looking at me and Persephone for permission 

"Of course!" Persephone said, "I'd sit down, he's a bit heavy," She finished 

Phil did as he was told, and I walked over, resting him in his arms. Phil cradled him softly, and I headed back over to Persephone. She smiled up at me, cupping my cheek and bringing my lips to hers. I laughed, giving her a peck. 

I heard the cued "awww's" behind us, and I pulled away, smiling proudly. Phil was cooing at Daniel, when her mom asked, "Did you two decide on a name?" 

I looked at Persephone, who nodded at me, "Well...we've come to the decision that we want to name him Daniel James-Michael Howell," 

Phil's head snapped up, and he gasped, "M-Michael?" 

"Yes, Phil. I couldn't leave you out. You're apart of this family as well," Persephone replied, a huge smile on her lips

"Aww, you guys! Thank you!" Phil cried happily, before resuming his position with Daniel.