Chapter Thirteen - Happy Birthday Daniel!

AUTHOR NOTE:
Hi guys! Long time no see!
I'm back! I stopped writing because I lost inspiration and had a lot of personal issues going on, but I think I'm ready to come back.
Hope y'all are still reading and hope y'all enjoy!!

~~

"Happy birthday baby!" I coo to Daniel, who's laying in his crib, kicking his legs at the sight of me

He squeals in response, smiling widely, those little dimples protruding. I pick him up and bounce him, hearing him laugh loudly.

"Is that my birthday boy?" Dan says from the doorway, walking in with a huge smile on his face, matching Daniels grin.

Dan coos at his son, letting Daniel latch onto his finger as he rests his head against my shoulder, his eyes sparkling. Dan looks at me, proudness in his eyes, giving me a kiss

"And how's my favorite sons mommy this morning?" Dan asks

"I'm doing alright, I've gotta call my mom and tell her when to come over for Danny's birthday party." I inform him, trading Daniel into his arms and strolling out of the room as I hear Dan go to change Daniel.

As I reach my bedroom, I hear a slight thudding from Crystal and Phil's room. Curious, I backtrack a few steps, pressing my ear against their closed door. I wait, and silently gape as I hear Crystal moaning, and hear Phil's breathy voice.

"What on earth are you doing?" Dan asks, Daniel dressed in his breakfast clothes (AKA clothes we don't care that he dirties up), curled up in Dans arms.

I point to the door, mouthing, "Listen!"

Dan looks at me confused, before following my instructions, pressing his ear against the door. He listens, and his facial expression becomes bewildered as the moans get louder, and we hear Phil climax. Dan covers Daniels ears, before we both burst into laughter.

"Having fun in there?" I laugh, barely able to mutter the sentence

I hear Phil gasp, and Crystal start dying of laughter, "Go away you pervert!" She screams

I shake my head, going back towards my room, taking my phone off the charger and dialing my moms number. I sit on my bed, looking at my nails as I wait for her to answer.

"Hi honey!" She says as she answers the call

"Hi mom. Today's Daniels first birthday!" I say proudly, my heart swelled with happiness

"Oh I know, I could never forget my grandsons birthday! When do I need to come over to help decorate? I picked the cake up last night."

"You can come whenever, I'm gonna start preparing some of the food and Dan and Phil are gonna make the backyard look fancy-ish." I say

"Alright. Your dad and brother are out looking for their gifts, slackers." She laughs, "Your sister is so excited."

"I'm excited too. I can't believe he's already a year. Feels like yesterday he was my little newborn." I say sadly

"Oh honey, what you're feeling is normal. Every birthday with you three feels like the day I brought you all home."

I smile to myself, "Alright, well call me when you're on the way."

"Will do, see you later!"

I hang up the phone, letting it remain on the charger, exiting my room and heading to the kitchen, where I find Crystal munching on some strawberries.

"Have fun this morning?" I ask coyly, feeling her eyes burn into the back of m head

"Shut up," She says bashfully