Peace And Darkness

Blake’s POV

“You remembered the last time you were in Hawaii, don’t you?” Brian asked me sickly. I cringed as he pushed me through the door. Emma followed with Naomi, who was hanging on by a thread of consciousness. We were in Hawaii, I knew that. But I didn’t know exactly where. The house we were in was empty and abandoned near a deserted beach.

“You take Blake, I’ll deal with her.” Emma insisted, pulling a bloody Naomi towards a room with a door. On our drive to this house from the sketchy airport, Naomi was stabbed repeatedly by Emma. I tried to close my eyes and breathe through her screams, but the look in her eyes from the pain was something that would haunt me for years. There was nothing I could do with my arms tied to the ceiling bar for the entire drive. The amount of blood she had lost was unbelievable and I didn’t know if she could make it much longer.

The look in Brian’s eyes gave me the same idea; I didn’t know how much longer I would be able to make it. He dragged me into what looks like a living room, only without furniture. He pushed me to the ground, making me land on my ankle. I quickly rolled onto my back, to protect the baby, and scooted towards a corner. Brian simply followed after me.

“I’ve made mistakes before. This time, you won’t be getting out of here alive.” Brian spat into my face. He grabbed the back of my head and clutched my hair forcefully. My face was quickly brought to his knee and bashed, causing blood to start pouring out of my nose instantly.

He pushed my head back, making it smack the wall behind me, and grabbed onto my legs to pull me to my back. The sweatshirt I was wearing rode up, exposing my bruised waist and swollen stomach. He sent a quick kick to my neck, making all the air in my lungs escape. As I gasped for breath, he pulled out a small pocket knife from his pocket.

I wrapped my arms around my stomach, hoping and praying to protect my baby. I would do anything to ensure my baby’s safety. Yet, as I was on my back at Brian’s mercy, I felt hopeless.

The blade hit my neck first, making a swift cut across the skin. I screamed and reached one of my hands put to the wound to somehow ease the pain, only it didn’t work. The blade hit my hand and quickly sliced across my knuckles, making me drop my hand and scream out again.

“Stop! Stop! Please!” I begged as he ran the blade down my chest, successfully cutting the fabric of my sweatshirt. I was now a bloody, naked mess. I rolled to my side and curled into a fetal position.

Please be safe, baby.

Brian grunted and dropped his pocket knife. He stood up and picked up a piece of old wood from the ground. The hits came straight to my back with growing intensity as he stood behind me. The wood sliced across my skin with each hit and I screamed in pain louder than I ever had. My mind was quickly going blank as the hits kept coming.

“You stupid little bitch!” I heard him yell before dropping the wood and using his leg strength to kick me in the back and head. I kept begging and pleading for it all to be over, only it never stopped.

I didn’t have a second to recover before Brian dropped his pants and parted my knees. He entered me in one unforgiving and unbearable thrust as his hand found my neck, pressing into the large gash I had and cutting off my air supply.

He kept a deathly rhythm, making me gasp for air. My skin felt like it was being ripped off and I didn’t know how to handle it. My hands found his that was wrapped around my neck as I tried to pull it off of me. After seconds of scratching and pulling, he removed his hand and quickly punched me in the face, causing my mind to black out for a few seconds. When my mind returned, my eyes were blurry and everything was happening in slow motion.

I saw Emma running down the stairs, dragging Naomi behind her on the ground. She dropped Naomi next to me and threw a gun at Brian, who quickly pulled out of me. I winced and screamed out in unimaginable pain as I curled up closer to Naomi. She slowly pulled her arm up to help me sit up next to her. I saw her eyes becoming droopy but she still held me close and tried putting pressure on my gushing cuts.

“They have surrounded the house!” I heard Emma yell. I moved my eyes around the room but didn’t see anything. A loud noise came from somewhere in the house and more yelling from people; I didn’t know from who. I gulped, feeling blood run down my throat.

“Drop your weapons!” a booming voice sounded from the doorway to the large room. I saw Emma and Brian standing opposite of each other, on both sides of Naomi and I. They both held their guns toward us while the other voice held it towards Emma. I glanced at the man who I had never seen before and saw a few more police man behind him, all pointing their guns at either Brian or Emma. They parted, slowly, and a figure immerged from the group.

Justin. He found me.

“Blake!” I heard him yell desperately. I yelled out in pain as a jolt of shock ran through my body, causing every nerve ending to scorch with immense pain. One of the people held him back before he could get any closer to me.

“But your weapons down.” the man repeated as Justin held his gun out towards Brian.

“No, I won’t let them get away again. They are going to die.” Emma yelled as she loaded her gun, pointing it right at my head. I flashed my eyes towards Justin’s, seeing the tears fill his. I slowly shook my head, trying to show him how sorry I was. I just couldn’t hold on any longer.

“You have 3 seconds!” someone yelled, loading their gun too.

“3, 2, 1!” someone else yelled. A gunshot went off and I flew back to the wall, my head hitting the hard cement. I saw Justin lunge towards Brian and punched him in the face, harder than what seemed humanly possible.

I felt a stabbing pain somewhere in my body but I didn’t know where. Soon after, my entire mind started shutting down slowly. Ever so slowly, my eyes couldn’t keep open.

And finally, there was nothing. Only peace and darkness. Peace and darkness.