Me and My Mrs. Bieber

Justin’s POV

“Blake?” I asked, tears springing to my eyes. Her eyes were opened; she had moved. Does this mean she’s awake?

“I’ll go get a doctor.” Chase said while taking Lily out of my arms. I didn’t even notice the movement in the room; my eyes had a deadlock on my wife’s.

“I’ll go call people.” Hazel said, leaving the room after Chase. I felt a pang of guilt when I realized that they miss her too and want to spend time with her. But I knew they understood.

I pulled Blake into my arms, ignoring the wince she let out as I hugged her tightly. My face buried itself into her neck and I tried to keep my tears in. She was here, awake, and her eyes were open. I thought I would never see those eyes again. But I knew I had to be strong for her; she needed me just as much as I needed her.

I didn’t let go of her body until the doctor came in, wanting to do some checkups on her body. I stood next to the bed, clasping her hand in mine as the doctors and nurses ran various tests on her. She hasn’t said a word but I’m sure she was shocked. I just couldn’t keep my eyes off of her.

She’s awake.

“Alright Blake, can you speak?” a doctor asked her softly. She nodded her head, glancing back and forth from the doctor to me. I gave her hand a squeeze and nodded my head, trying to make her feel comfortable.

“Yes.” she croaked simply, her voice giving out quickly.

“Can you tell me what hurts?” the doctor asked again.

“Everything.” She replied softly.

“Alright, we will get you something for that. You need to rest now. One visitor at a time, please.” The doctor said, looking at me. I gave him a nod and smile before he left the room.

I stared at Blake for a while as she stared straight ahead of her, at the TV on the wall.

“Are you ok?” I asked slowly, taking a step closer to the bed. I didn’t even know what to say to her. I wanted her to feel safe but I didn’t know how.

“I’m in pain.” she replied, finally looking at me. “Justin, when I was asleep, I could hear you sometimes. I thought, well I thought I would never wake up.” she muttered while her tears started.

“I’m here, Blake. And so are you. Everything is going to be fine.” I muttered, staring into her eyes.

“I have died a thousand deaths not being with you. Justin, they did things to me. Brian did things. And I’m not yours anymore. I have been with another man and he hurt me. So did Emma. And the things they did to Naomi-” she rambled. It made my heart clench in immense pain.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “Please stop, Blake.” I begged. I already had to live through the doctors telling me what they had done to her. I couldn’t live through her telling me; it hurt too much.

“Where’s Naomi, is she ok?” she asked. I placed my body on the bed, keeping a reasonable distance between us.

“Do you remember the day I found you in Hawaii?” I asked slowly. She remained silent as she thought about it.

“I remember Emma coming in, saying the house was surrounded. And I remember a gun shot. Was I shot?” she asked quietly. Her voice cracked multiple times throughout her speaking.

“You weren’t, but Naomi was. When Emma pulled the trigger, Naomi jumped in front of you. She saved your life, Blake.” I explained, hoping to not sadden her too much.