Full of Life

Blake’s POV

My heart is beating out of my chest and my body felt wet all over. The pain was everywhere, in my stomach, head, side, legs. Burning pain, covered in wetness.

“You are going to have to leave now, sir. No one allowed in the room during the operation.”

“No, I’m staying here.”

“You need to leave, now!”

The noise stops. I try to move my head to hear better, but nothing happens. My head remains still and I don’t hear anything else. Seconds later, the pain stops.

***

“And the baby?” Justin asked, pain present in his voice. The baby?

“We will keep a close eye on it, but it seems to be fine. I don’t really know how, but it’s perfect. The baby is perfect.” A voice said in astonishment. My baby was ok?

“I can’t believe this. Are you sure? You checked everything?”

“Mr. Bieber, I can’t believe it either. It’s a miracle, but true.”

“Thank you, doctor.”

My baby was ok. I drifted off again, feeling more content and whole. Yet, I heard something about Justin leaving the room again and some surgery starting again. When will I wake up?

***

My body feels heavy and aching. Nothing is moving, not even my heart. It has stopped beating. Or maybe I just can’t feel it anymore. What is this place?

“Why isn’t she awake?” his voice sounded again. Justin?

“She just got out of surgery! A major one at that!”

“When will she wake up?”

“When she’s ready. I can’t give you an accurate estimate.”

“Thank you, doctor.”

Silence came again.

“It’s late, do you want me to bring a cot in here for you to sleep?” a voice sounded sometime later.

“No, I’ll just sit here.”

“Talk to her. She may be able to hear you.”

“Thank you.”

I tried, in vain once again, to move my head. Move something, anything. My forehead felt a quick pressure.

“Goodnight Blake.” Go to sleep Justin. I’m fine.

***

“I can’t be here right now.” Someone said softly in the room.

“Why don’t we go on a walk?” Justin’s voice filled my ears as I strained them to hear.

“Will security be ok with that?” another voice sounded.

“We’ll have one come with us. They have the floor locked down anyway.” Justin spoke again. I heard movement, but nothing else for a while.

“Oh Blake, why do all the bad things happen to you?” a voice said, seeming closer to my ear now.