Just Remember That

Blake’s POV

Emma pulled me into a small room, away from Naomi and Blake. She pushed me to the ground and picked up her crowbar that was placed by the door.

“Don’t even think about trying to fight me off.” She told me while taking her first hit. She swung and hit my left thigh. I screamed and curled into a ball. “You little pussy!” she screamed before taking another swing and hitting the back of my neck.

She hit me several more times, in various places. My hip, arm, calf, and everywhere else she could find. I couldn’t escape the blows no matter where I went.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I screamed through my sobs. The crowbar stopped and Emma stared down at me with the darkest look I had ever received.  I cringed under her glare.

“Because you killed my parents.” She spat, hitting the crowbar to my leg as hard as she could.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I screamed as searing pain shot through my leg.

“Over 5 years ago, I got a job as Justin’s assistant. My mom was in the hospital, dying of cancer and the job paid for the bills! But then he fired me, because of YOU! It was you, you killed my mom and my dad jumped off a bridge a week after she died. IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT!” Emma shouted through several stabs and hits with the crowbar. I didn’t have time to process what she had said, I was too busy trying to protect my stomach and keep breathing through the pain.

Had I really killed her parents? It didn’t make sense.

My eyes found Emma, who was staring at me with devil eyes. But underneath the hate and anger, I saw a broken little girl who had tried everything to save her parents. I knew what it was like to not have parents. And even though I knew deep down that I hadn’t actually killed her parents, I couldn’t help but feel bad. She hated me. And she had reason to. She suddenly became more human to me, and in that way, I understood her.

“Emma, we have a small issue. Actually, no. A fucking huge issue.” Brian’s voice boomed through the room. She dropped the bar on my ankle, causing a loud crack to be heard throughout the room as I let out a shriek. I knew it was now broken and Naomi crawled over to me to try to prop it up. Emma turned to walk over to where Brian stood.

“What is it?” she asked bitterly, clearly upset that he had interrupted her torture of me.

“A buddy of mine in LA saw Justin and his detective crew getting on a private plane to Florida. It may be a coincidence, but I don’t think we can afford to let it slide.” Brian explained.

“Shit.” Emma whispered under her breath.

“I know a place we can go, but we are going to have to use our fake identities.” Brian said in a lower voice.

“Blake, are you ok? The baby?” Naomi whispered in my ear.

“I don’t know.” I replied, taking deep breaths. We both turned our attention back to Brian and Emma, hoping to hear more.

“Alright, I have a plan. Get the phone. That’s probably how they tracked us.” Emma demanded. Brian quickly left the room and returned momentarily with the small, cell phone.

Brian stepped closer to us and saw that Naomi was holding onto my swollen ankle. He smirked and pushed her out of the way. He then took my foot in his hand and started shaking it around, causing my entire body to cringe and a scream to escape my lips. Hot tears started rolling down my face from the pain and I instantly curled up into a ball when he let go. Naomi was at my side again, trying to calm me down.