Warning: Amber Pence

Blake’s POV

I pushed my way through the sea of camera men with Jayden clutched in my arms. I should have known that they’d be here. Jayden’s face was buried into my neck and I heard his sharp intakes of breath from the crying he had been doing since we got out of the car. I knew he was crying because he was scared but I also knew that the sooner I get inside the hospital and to Justin, the sooner I can calm him down.

When I finally got through the doors to the ER, I walked up to the desk where a lady looked out the windows in astonishment.

“I’m looking for Justin Bieber. I’m his wife, Blake Bieber.” I said quickly, trying to get her attention.

“Y-yes, of course. We put h-him in a pr-private waiting room.” She stuttered, pointing down the hall. “Room number 17.”

“Thank you.” I said briefly before walking off down the hallway. When I found room 17, I grasped the door handle and pushed my way through. Justin was sitting on one of the chairs with his head in his hands.

“Daddy!” Jayden cried out as he shakily reached for Justin from my arms. His tears were still streaming down his face rapidly and it got Justin’s attention. Justin stood up from his seat and ran over to take Jayden out of my arms. Jayden buried his face into Justin’s neck and continued to bawl his eyes out. I glanced at Justin but his eyes were elsewhere, scanning the room nervously.

I wanted to ask so many questions, but I knew now wasn’t the time. All I knew is that Justin was safe. He was ok.

After some time, Justin got Jayden to calm down and fall back asleep. I could finally ask the questions that I wanted, no needed, to ask.

“Tell me what happened?” I spat, more harshly than I meant to.

“I just don’t know. I was really drowsy and wasn’t paying attention. I just wanted to get home as fast as possible, so I was speeding. I guess I drove through a stop sign, and then bam.” Justin explained.

“What happened after you hit the car? Did you pass out?” I asked, more calmly. On the inside, I was freaking out.

“No, I was fine. But I saw that the car I hit was pretty bad. I got out and called 911. When the ambulance came, they had to cut the person out of the car. All because of me.” He said, trailing off at the end.

“Justin, it’s going to be fine. You don’t even know if the other person was seriously hurt.” I replied, trying to look on the bright side.

“Yeah, I guess.” Justin mumbled, squeezing Jayden tighter to his chest. I didn’t know what else to say so I just sat quietly until a knock on the door broke the silence.

A doctor in a lab coat walked into the room with a clipboard. “Hello, Mr. Bieber, my name is Dr. Felt.” He announced, shacking Justin’s hand.

“This is my wife, Blake.” Justin introduced me quickly. I shook the doctor’s hand politely.

“I have some news on the woman you hit, Amber Pence.” Dr. Felt said, pointing to his clipboards.

“It was a woman?” I said without knowing what I had said. I instantly regretted it and cleared my throat. “Never mind.”

“Well, during the collation, her car door collapsed into her left side. Her left leg and 2 of her ribs were shattered on impact. She also has a minor concussion and a pretty cut up arm and face.” the doctor explained solemnly.

“I did that to someone?” Justin muttered, more to himself.

“She just got out of her first surgery and is getting ready for her second.” Dr. Felt added.