Break Down Some More

Blake’s POV

“Blake?” Hazel whispered from the top of the stairs, making me pick up my tear stained face from my hands.

“Blake, are you alright?” Chase asked, following Hazel down the stair case in their pajamas. I couldn’t get many words out so I simply picked my head up and watched them run down the stairs.

“What the hell is going on?” Hazel asked while crouching down next to me.

“No!” I wailed, burring my head in my hands and laying down to the floor in a fetal position.

“What happened? Blake, you’re scaring me!” Chase responded, trying to pick me up.

“She was my sister, and he just didn’t tell me. Then he just had sex with me like it was all nothing!” I tried to get out, but I’m sure it was hard to understand.

“We need to get her upstairs.” Hazel whispered to Chase. Chase put his arms around me and hoisted me up so he could carry me up the stairs.

“Oh my god, is Jayden ok?” I frantically asked, looking around and pushing myself off of Chase.

“He’s asleep in the guest room, he’s fine!” Hazel whispered, taking my hand and squeezing it.

“Blake, why don’t we go into our room and talk about what has you so upset.” Chase suggested, trying to gently push me towards their room.

“No, please. I’m fine, I just want to see Jayden.” I replied, turning around and walking to the closed guest room door. “I’m fine, or going to be. I don’t know. Just give me this night with Jayden.” I begged.

Hazel finally nodded and shot me a small smile before retreating to her room with Chase. I waited until their door closed behind them before slowly opening the guest room door.

Jayden lay, fast asleep, in the center of the large bed. He was curled into a small ball; his hair messed in every which way. I was surprised by how much he looked like his father in that moment. The thought brought the tears back and I let them.

I padded over to the bed and gently picked up the covers to crawl in underneath them. I scooted my way closer to Jayden’s sleeping form and settled in behind him. He rolled over and snuggled into my side. I wrapped a loose arm around his back and watched him sleep through tear filled eyes.

A few short hours later, the sun was risen and my eyes had dried out. There were no more tears to cry, but I knew they weren’t far away. Jayden started squirming around in my arms and slowly but surely, his eyes opened.

“Mommy, what are you doing here?” he asked while rubbing my eyes.

“I guess I just missed you.” I replied, my voice cracking.

“Were you crying?” he asked, reaching up to rub my damp cheeks.

“A little bit.” I replied, thinking that there was no good in lying.

“Why were you crying? Are you hurt?”

“No honey, I’m just sad.” I replied.

“Why are you sad? Did something happen to Daddy?” Jayden asked, sitting up and wrapping his small arms around my neck.

“I don’t know.” I replied, trying to keep the tears at bay. A knock at my door was my saving grace as Hazel poked her head through the door.

“Good, you two are awake. Jayden, Lily is eating waffles in the kitchen. You want to join her?” Hazel asked while walking into the room.

“Ok!” Jayden said happily while scooting off of me and onto the floor. He ran to the door but suddenly stopped before leaving. “Mommy, I’m going to beat up whoever made you cry!” he proudly proclaimed before turning and running out of the room.

Hazel knew right away that I would start crying again and quickly sat down next to me on the bed and held me as I cried some more.

“That girl, that Amber girl, was my step sister. And he didn’t tell me. She was dying, Hazel, of cancer. He could have just told me. He could have just fucking told me!” I cried into her shoulder as she rubbed my back soothingly. She didn’t say a thing, because she knew she didn’t have to.