Off to the Village Hidden in the Leaf for the Chunin exams we go!

Chapter 4

~Off to the Village Hidden in the Leaf for the Chunin exams we go!~

*Raksha's POV*

We've been training seperatly for the past 3 hours. Kankuro, Temari, and Baki sensei had to takes alot of breaks while me and Gaara kept going at it. When they took their breaks, we'd work as a team. We trained nonstop until Baki called us.

"Alright you 2. I understand you'reJinchuuriki and can train harder and better han us normal ninja. But even you guys have to have breaks, you know."

"Why? We're not using any chakra." I stated

"Yes but, your bodies are doing all of the work. It can't keep going just because your beasts have the energy. Your body doesn't. So, since both of you have been training nonstop for the past 3 hours. I declare you 2 go home and get some rest. Gaara, don't forge to be at the Kazekage's."

"Aww!" I whined as Gaara started to towe me away from the training area.

"You really should get some rest." Gaara chuckled.

"Yeah, well, you too!"

"What?"

"Ugh! I'm not good with retorts ok? You know that." I grumbled.

"Yeah, you're right. I do know that." Gaara's tone was cold again. I realized his voice has gotten deeper and rougher.

His tone doesn't have any emotion at all. Its just... Cold... And his face. It looks like he's either always lost in deep thought, or kinda angry about something. Or bored sometimes.

"Gaara..." I whispered.

He turned to look at me,"Yeah?"

I narrowed my eyes slightly, creasing my brows together,"You've changed alot, haven't you? That little boy I used to play with, he's gone, isn't he?"

"What brought all of this on?"

"I can tell, by the tone in your voice, your expressions, your actions. You've grown up into something I never wanted you to become..."

"And what's that?"

"An outsider."

"What makes you think I'm an outsider?"

"Kankuro and Temari are your siblings. And Baki is your assigned sensei. You don't hang out with anyone else besides them and now me. You've secluded yourself. Isolated yourself, from everyone. And that   is something I never wanted you to do. I never wanted you to become like me..." I said, looking down

"But why not?!" his voice was strained and rougher,"You've been isolating yourself your whole life! Not having anyone but me either. I have a sensei and siblings for company. But you had no one for 6 whole years! Why don't you want me to be anything like you?!" he fumed

"Do you honestly want to take the path I've been on?! To become like ME!" I fumed back

He sighed,"We're the same..."

"But I didn't want to be! I wanted you to be the opposite of me! I've been running my WHOLE LIFE! Because I've killed, have no family, friends... No one... But you... I wanted you to be happy! Not like me..."

"I am happy-"

"No you're not! I can see the pain and saddness written on your face and in your voice. You are NOT happy being alone. Killing may seem like it helps with your pain. But really, it's just calming the craving your beast has." I gave an exasperated sigh,"I'm sorry I got on you like that... It just pains me to see you end up like this."