England x Male!Reader [Rings]

You, (M/n) (L/n), were surprised to see Arthur Kirkland who was your boyfriend for 6 years, even asking a question like this to you.

~*Le Flashback With Flying Mint Bunny*~

"Today is going to be a bright, sunny day for London! So you better hang in here for some heat waves coming!" Nope. That statement was not, at all, true. In fact, it was a rainy day. Loud thuds were heard from upstairs. You turned your attention away from the window.

"Iggy?" You called out the former punker's nickname. No reply. Curiosity washed over you and you got up, walking upstairs to your shared bedroom. You stood in front of the door. "Iggy, babe, are you okay?" You asked. Shuffling could be heard from the closed bedroom.

A frown was on your face as you still got no reply. Lately, Arthur has been hiding stuff from you. And he's been going out alot as well, leaving you alone for most of the days. The strangest part though, was that Francis had called saying something like this; "Artie- have you talked to (M/n) about it yet??" And then hearing Arthur reply, "Don't call me that frog! And no! Not yet, but I will soon.." And with that he hung up.

Your greatest fear was having Arthur break up with you. Yes, you could be a big obnoxious tease most of the time and you can leave things....lying around for the most part, but you do mean well. You looked down at the ground. Hands softly clenched into fists as you tried your best not to cry.

He did say that he would never break your heart, didn't he? Was he just lying? No of course not! Maybe.With that, a sigh left your lips. You went into the bathroom that was across the bedroom. You looked at yourself in the mirror.

Your shaggy (h/l), (h/c) hair was gently framing your (s/t) face. (E/c) orbs shown doubt and sadness. You were wearing a black tee that had the flag of England on it. It was one of Arthur's old punk shirts. You also had on red plaid pajama pants.

"I wonder if I'm even important to him at all, anymore..." You mumbled to yourself quietly. "What was that, love?" A thick British accented voice snapped you from your faze. You snapped your head to the doorway to see Arthur.

"Are you okay, (M/n)? You seem a little out of it, today..." He stated. You didn't say anything. You both stared at each other as to hearing the ran patter against the roof of the house. For what seemed like eternity, you finally spoke. "Y-yeah..why wouldn't I be?" You gave off a sheepish looking smile.

Good thing Arthur was too caught up in what he was doing to realize something else. He smiled nervously back at you. Your gaze left his eyes, to the clothes he was wearing. A white buttoned up shirt and black work pants with chocolate brown loafers.

'Wait. Isn't today Saturday?' You thought. Arthur didn't have to work for at least another 4 weeks. "Hey Iggy...why are you wearing work clothes?" You asked as worry rung through your voice. Arthur definitely noticed this and panicked. "Oh! I didn't mean to worry you, love! I have to go out somewhere with Francis.."

You tilted your head at his excuse. You knew that Francis was a flirt to Arthur. But, knowing Arthur hated Francis, everything was fine. Or so you thought. "O-okay..be home safe, please." You passed Arthur and went to the bedroom. His intense emerald green eyes followed your movement. He ran a hand through his messy honey blond hair.

He then looked at his watch, seeing how he wasted some of his time, his eyes grew wide. "Bloody hell!" He cursed and quickly grabbed his umbrella and ran downstairs, out the door to his destination. Unfortunately for you, who had been left alone again, were sitting on the bed watching Death Note.

~*Mini Timeskip*~

It was later in the day, well...at night I should say. Arthur still was out and about. He sent you a text message saying that he would be home soon. But, that was 3 hours ago. You were trying to keep the sleep from getting to you.

After having some time to think things through, you were going to ask Arthur what was really going on. As if on que, the front door slammed shut. Keys were heard loud and clear as they were thrown into the bowl. Even Arthur's loud ranting to himself was loud, but muffled.

You waited for Arthur to come upstairs as to you were still in bed. Once he walked into the bedroom, his angered gaze softened at the sight of your now sleeping form. 'Oh dear lord...what am I doing to him?' He thought to himself.

He knows that you worry for him. And that you long for attention lately from him. He was tired of Francis pulling him around all day, looking for the right one. It wasn't a person though, it was mostly an object you would wear around for people to see or something like that.

He changed into a Fall Out Boys tee and black sweatpants. "(M-M/n), love..." He nervously called out. You stirred and opened your eyes. "Hey..." You nonchalantly said. Arthur walked closer to you as ypu sat up, rubbing your eyes.

He cleared his throat which made you look up at him. "I-I've been trying to talk...or rather ask you this for a while now. But I just only built up the courage for this moment..." His voice was just below a whisper, but you still heard him.

A small hum of reply from you, was enough for him to keep talking. He took a deep breath and got down on one knee. "(M/n) (L/n)..." He started and removed his hand from behind him and pulled out a small box. You eyed the small box. He opened it up to reveal a ring. It had a (Gemstone) in the middle while there were 3 small Diamonds on each side of it.

The ring sparkled along with the gold band. "Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" His slightly pale cheeks were now a new shade of red.

~*Le End of Flashback*~

In this situation, your face was on fire. 'So he still loves me...' You thought as tears ran down your cheeks. They weren't tears of sadness or anything bad, but they tears of joy and relief. A lump had formed in your throat. Arthur was looking up at you with hopeful eyes, a tint a seriousness in them.

A true smile tugged the corners of your lips. Not being able to speak, you shook your head quickly as you hugged him. He smiled brightly and hugged you back tightly. "I love you, (M/n)...and no one can change that." He whispered softly in your ear.

"I love you too Arthur..." You choked out. He pulled away to put the golden band on your ring finger. As soon he done that you smashed your lips onto his. He kissed back without hesitation. Your arms found their way around his neck as your hands tangled his soft, messy hair.

His arms wrapped around your waist making your body press against his. After a while, air was needed and Arthur pulled away. You panted slightly and gazed into his eyes.

"Ah..~ Zhey grow up so fast~!!" Francis fangirled loudly while he had binoculars directed to the window of yours and Arthur's bedroom. Unfortunately, to his dismay a certain someone knew he was going to spying. A shoe was thrown at him and Francis duck quickly.

He looked at the direction it came from and his eyes widened. "Sacre bleu!!? Zhat almost hit my beautiful face!!" He screeched as he saw Arthur fuming mad. "GET OUT OF HERE BLOODY FROG!" He roared. Francis scurried away whining about his looks and such.

You stood behind Arthur, snickering at the scene in front of you.

~~~~

A/N: It's so horrible ;-;...