Chapter 5

I stepped off the plane with nothing more than a backpack and a suitcase that held all the stuff I'd have for the entire semester, so roughly five months of living out of a backpack basically.

"This should be fun." I said to myself as I saw a huge group of kids in the terminal holding a sign with my name on it.

Natalie Taylors

All of them looked like super models, especially the men, but the women were really stunning. All of them seemed to have been kissed by the sun, and got enough exercise that if everyone worked out like they did there would be no more obesity in the World. Their hair was light, not all blonde, but a light color.

How much time did these people spend in the sun?

Was that their culture too? 

Sun worshippers?

"Hey." I said awkwardly as I approached them. They looked really confused at first or angry, I probably wasn't what they were expecting.

"Natalie?" One of the girls asked from the crowd.

No, I came to say hi because of some other reason.... "Yes, I'm Natalie Taylors."

"Welcome!" They said at once and brought me in for a group hug. 

"Thanks!" I said through my breath, the hug was crushing the words from me.

"Our pack leader can not wait to see you." One attractive male said stepping from the group and shaking my hand. "I'm Jackson by the way."

He had light brown hair and a deep tan, while his muscles were ready to rip the too tight shirt he had put on.

"Pack leader?" I asked before I remembered that they believed they were desendents of wolves. Wonderful....

"Yeah, you must be really special because he has never let outsiders come into our home before." Jackson said taking my suitcase from me and leading our group outside, into a van that was waiting for us.

The sun shined brightly above head, giving off a pleasant temperature of almost 80 degrees. It felt wonderful on my skin, especially after the snow we had been getting back home. I wasn't a big fan of the cold, but I loved warm weather.

"Why hasn't he let people in before?" I asked.

"Well some think because they wouldn't accept us." A girl with blonde hair answered.

"Others think that he didn't want to expose us to the outside world." Another male answered.

"Outside world? Are you guys like Amish or something?" I asked causing them to laugh hysterically.

"No, we have technology but we don't mingle with groups outside of our own. We believe in something a little different." Jackson said still laughing wrapping his arm around the blondish girl sitting next to him, who he called Nicole.

"Which is what?" I attempted to push the question so I could have answers.

"We believe in finding someone within our kind to mate with, if you will." Nicole said with a smile as she and Jackson rubbed their foreheads together like how cats rub against people to show affection.

"So you believe in basically sex?" I asked.

"Basically." Nicole said with a smile.

"How big is this group?" I asked attempting to change topics, the topic of sex made me slightly uncomfortable.

"Well that depends," a different male said, "there are technically three in our little 'cult' but we recently had problems between one of them and now we only recognize the other group."