Chapter 14

Andrew had spent the rest of that night with me camping. We built a campfire and looked at the stars from our little oasis in the trees. We were surrounded by plants, no lights other than the sun and eventually the moon. There was no way to contact us, or find us unless you knew the way, we were isolated and chilly in the night air.

Andrew would wrap me tight in his arms as night fell so that I could stay warm and he would use that time to whisper softly in my ear. It sent tingles up my spine and made a soft blush come across my cheeks at the gentle words he spoke.

The way he said I was beautiful with the moon light in my hair and the goose bumps I’d get from him whispering to me.

I learned to roast marshmallows and got to have a deep conversation with him. We got past the favorite color and favorite music topics into a mutual understanding of each other. It did bring feelings forward as I got to know him. I got closer to him and out there it felt as if we were the only two people on the planet.

While in the morning, it was time for that to come to an end and head back to the tribes to see how they were doing with the news. We had missed Cole's announcement and the reactions of the tribes, but from living with them and listening to their conversations, along with their worries, I had a feeling they would like the news.

"There you are!" I heard Nicole's voice say from behind me. She was, of course, followed closely by Jackson. When I had come she had just learned that she was having a baby, but by then it was about two months. She was about three months pregnant by now and she was starting to show more by the week.

It had an effect on both of them, Nicole was both excited and tired, while Jackson never let her out of his sight. He seemed to always be worried that someone was going to hurt her and the baby, and there was no way he would let that happen.

"What's going on? How did the tribes like the news?" I asked, hearing the urgency in her voice.

"Oh, they loved it. You should have seen it. They cheered and clapped, there was even plans made for another party later on once everything is settled. Some are already making plans to move around, trade houses with others for a few weeks and get to know the different areas. I can't thank you enough..."

"This will make tensions ease and prevent future problems." Jackson said finishing Nicole's sentence.

"That's wonderful! So no more fear of war over territory?"

"How can there be if they all share?" Nicole asked with laughter in her voice. "I also get my husband back since only the alphas will be running the camp."

"Speaking of Alphas..." Jackson said glaring between me and Andrew.

"What's wrong with Cole!?" I asked, suddenly very worried and afraid for what could have happened to him while I was gone.

"Nothing is wrong! He is perfectly healthy and fine." Nicole said as she elbowed Jackson in the stomach.

"Then why is he looking at me like that?" I asked pointing to Jackson's very annoyed face.

"Cole has been looking for you and was ready to start a search. He didn't know you left." Nicole explained, giving Jackson a kiss on the cheek with a sad look in her eyes as she tried to apologize for hurting him.

I turned to Andrew with an angry gleam in my eye, but he just smiled. "I thought you said you told him!"

"I said I already did plan to tell him." He said reminding me of the conversation we had. He used my words against me and I didn't even realize it. He was smooth and crafty I'd give him that much, and handsome too.

"Where have you been?" Cole yelled when he saw me from across the camp. Of course, they had no problems with the new transition and rules. It was Cole that was ready to blow a gasket.

"I was with Andrew." I stated simply.

"Where did you take her? I told you no trips until after this was settled and I couldn't find you and more importantly I couldn't find her." Cole said wrapping me in his arms.

"We were at a waterfall all night. I was busy making her dreams come true." Andrew said sweetly giving me a wink.

Cole growled slightly and hugged me tighter. "No trips until this is settled." He spat as he took my hand softly and lead me away from Andrew.

"For the next few days I need you to stay with Nicole and the girls." Cole said pulling me closer to him and kissing my head. My stomach instantly let the butterflies free and to tickle my stomach, until they reached my heart and made it soar.

"But we have another date." I heard Andrew say behind me.

"You have to be here with me. You're a tribe leader and the mesh needs to be made with all of us present." Cole growled.

"That's true, which is why I have left the alpha female in charge while I chase my mate." Andrew said coming closer to me and lightly swipe a hair out of my face, making Cole growl louder and letting it rumble deep in his throat.

"You need to be here!" Cole yelled angrily.

"That wasn't what you said. You said that the females would now have a part in this tribe's decisions. So what better than leaving one in charge to show how honestly we mean to change? The girls rather like the idea." Andrew said smugly as he played with a strand of my hair, making me blush and giggle like a little school girl.

Cole growled, clearly upset that he had been tricked and that Andrew had won this fight. Andrew had found a loop hole, he was good at that appearently, and he wasn't going to let it go. He was going to fight for his right to see if I was truely his mate.

"You had her for a week without any fight, it's only fair that I get a few days alone with her without you around her."

"Fine, but when she comes back she will find flowers for everyday she was gone and a big welcoming home hug from me." Cole said giving me a soft smile and a kiss on the promise ring he gave me.

"Great, Natalie go grab your bag and laptop so you can work on your paper as well. I'm sure that this place has many distractions for you, a little away time could be a good thing." Andrew said as he walked around Cole triumphantly.

I glanced between these two gorgeous men and wondered why had they chosen me to fight over?