Chapter 10

"What did you say?" I heard Cole growl from behind me.

"I said I would like to steal her from you. She is just so wonderful and I feel a connection with her as you would say." Andrew said pulling me closer to him.

Cole started to shake with anger, "Let her go!" He demanded.

"I don't think I can. I believe I have imprinted on this lovely female."

I felt my eyes grow with horror as Cole landed on all fours and burst into a big furry beast. I took an instinctive step back, only backing up into Andrew further. Cole let out a loud, angry growl and took large steps toward us. Each step brought more attention to us, and caused the ground to shake slightly.

"You lost your cool fast. Are you worried that I may take her from you?" Andrew questioned.

"Don't bait him!" I reprimanded as I took a step away from him. I didn't want to be in the middle of a fight between a giant wolf, I guess being desendened from wolves gave you this power. I was still in shock from seeing Andrew and Liam in their wolf form.

The thought of why they believed they desended from wolfs finally formed in my head. It was because they could transform into wolves. Well, I definately didn't see that one coming. I thought it would be something silly, like they had history books telling how wolves transformed into humans. Not this.

I hear Cole huff as I took a step away from Andrew back toward the crowd. I glanced up at him and understood what he wanted me to do. I took a few quick steps and walked behind me, I wasn't sure how I knew he wanted me to do this, but I just felt it.

I heard Andrew growl and was about to look around Cole's big furry wolf body when Cole lunged forward. I saw him land on another wolf, and without seeing Andrew standing there I could only assume he was the other wolf.

I watched in horror as these two battled it out. They attempted to literally tear each other apart, teeth bit into flesh, claws raked against skin. All while growls ripped through throats and yelps of pain echoed through the open air.

I heard people whispering, and a few I knew were starting at me. I felt a hand come on to my shoulder and turned to see Jackson.

"Go stand with Nicole."

"Jackson!" I heard Nicole call. "Come back here!" She ordered with a stomp of her foot.

"Tell her I'll be fine, just keep her a safe distance away. I have to stop this." He said pushing me toward Nicole and he walked toward the fighting.

"Jackson! Don't do this please!" She begged as she took a few steps toward him, attempting to run.

"Hold her!" Jackson ordered, imediately three big men stepped forward and grabbed hold of her. I glanced back, but Jackson was already walking again. I couldn't see how he felt, if he was scared or worried about his leader or his mate.

"Jackcon will be okay Nicole." I said, trying to comfort her.

"Both of those wovles are angry, they don't care who they attack. He could die and you're telling me he's going to be okay?!" She yelled at me, tears starting to stream down her face.

"Think of the baby. Stress isn't good for the baby." I said qouting a line in a movie that I hadn't seen in years, or even recall the title to.

"I am thinking about the baby, and I'm thinking about me as well!" She said as she glanced worridly toward her mate who was trying to reason with both of them.

"You guys are fighting over nothing! Look at your tribes, the people that lead you! They don't want this!" Jackson yelled over the snarling and growling.

That's when Liam stepped forward, "He's right! We came to solve this issue peacefully and now you've made a mess of it Andrew. You could clearly see as I did that she has mated with Cole. Now both of you calm down so we can discuss this properly."

"We can find a peaceful way out of this, but look at your people." Jackson said gesturing toward the people around them, watching the fight. "They don't want to fight anymore. What about those that lost their mates? Haven't they suffered enough without you guys starting another fight?"

I felt a wave of understanding as Cole stepped off Andrew's body and padded toward me. He came straight to me and licked me before walking off. Andrew shook and followed behind at a safe distance.

"We will have a decision before the end of the night. Thank you, Jackson." Liam said as he followed the large wolves out of the crowd.

"Are you crazy?" Nicole asked once Jackson came to hug her.

"It needed to be done sweetheart and I'm fine." He said taking her into his arms. You could see the tension he had melt away slightly, but not completely.

"You could have been hurt or worse." She said while not leaving his hug.

"But I'm fine. That means it's all okay, right my love?"

"Fine." Nicole said in a huff as her anger vanished and she gave up the fight.

"What happened with Cole and Andrew?" I asked.

"They are fighting for you as a mate. I need you to do me a favor Natalie." Jackson said, sounding suddenly very serious.

"What's that?"

"They are going to make you choose between them and that's going to decide the fate of this culture. So I can only ask you fully think through the choice and if at all possibel, finally end these wars over mates and territory. No one tribe should over power them all." He said as Cole came from the crowd.

"It's time to go home, little one."

"This isn't over Cole!" I heard Andrew yell as Cole assisted me into the truck. Cole ignored him and drove off before he could get to the car.

"Cole, what's going on?"

"You're about to pushed into the deep end of our culture and you'll make a very important choice." He said with a soft voice, attempting to control his anger.

"Which is what?"

"Which one of us you choose."