Chapter 13

"I see he is winning in this game of ours." Andrew said glancing at the ring on my finger.

"It's not a game Andrew."

"Yes, it is and if you don't think he is trying just as hard as I am, you're mistaken. He just plays better I guess." Andrew said letting go of my hand, coming into kiss my cheek.

I side stepped and moved so that he couldn't kiss me. I saw pain flash in his eyes, but at the moment I didn't care.

"I'm not some prize to be won. I'm the one that chooses and I've know Cole longer. I lov-" I stopped for a moment, hesitating on what I was about to say.

"You what?" Andrew asked quizically.

"I love him." I said, amazing even myself.

"I'm not giving up, I still have a few weeks. Even if I am running out of time, I can prove to you that you are my mate."

"How can you do that?"

"Well, there are four things that mates normally discuss about how they found each other."

"Yes, and you only have one of those for me."

"But it can be more than that. The special connection, isn't just an instant one. It can be built over time. So for the next few days, I'm going to fight my hardest and make you fall in love with me."

"Good luck." I said honestly. I felt my heart wish for Cole, but a part of it wanted to know what Andrew was going to do to prove to me that he was my mate.

"Well, I can start out today because I have a great idea for what to do in order to make sparks fly." Andrew said giving me a wink.

"What's the idea?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see." He said holding up a blindfold. "Do you mind?"

"Do I have to?"

"I know you like surprises and this is the only way it will be a surprise."

"Sure." I said cautiously as I wondered how he could know something so little about me. Even without me telling him or people knowing me well here. "I hope you plan to tell Cole, because he'll worry when he can't find me."

"I already did, don't worry." Andrew said with a smile as he turned me around and dropped the black fabric in front of my eyes.

I felt the smooth black fabric being placed over my eyes as excitement bubbled over in my stomach. I wanted to know so bad, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise. Andrew helped me into his car and put the seatbelt on for me before getting in himself and starting the car.

I was bouncing with excitement the whole time the car was moving, and when it finally stopped it was too hard to contain. I unclicked the seat belt and went for the blind fold.

"Wait, silly girl. It's just a stoplight!" Andrew said with a laugh as he leaned over and reconnected my seatbelt.

"Man." I whispered under my breath as a pout formed on my lips.

"We're almost there. Don't get too excited or you'll probably jump out of the car and break a leg." He laughed as I felt his hand grap hold of mine.

The road turned bumpy after a few more minutes. There was a distinct crunch of rock under the tires and bounce of being off road.

"Where are we going Andrew!" I asked as I was bounced into the side of the car. He drove almost as badly as Cole did!

"Well, in about five minutes you'll know."

There were a few more big bumps that almost made me hit my head on the roof of the truck. Both of us hit the doors a few more times, which sent laughter through the car and bruises over our sides.

The car finally came to a stop and when Andrew said, "We're here now."

I ripped off the blind fold and was looking up at a beautiful waterfall. It had two falls, like perfect twins, and was surrounded by a sea of green. There was a pool of water underneath of the falls that seemed calm compared to the crashing thunder of the water.

I was always curious why the pools never over flowed or the falls never ran out of water. Even with the water cycle it seemed like the sight would be impossible to sustain.

"Are you ready to jump off a waterfall?"

"How did you know I wanted to do that?"

"You're my mate, I just know." Andrew said confidently, tossing me a swim suit that he must have taken from my back pack. Maybe, he was like Cole and bought it for me because when I looked at it I didn't recognize the suit and the tags were still on it.

"So you just so happen to know my size too?"

"Cole wouldn't let me get any of your things. So I had Nicole take a guess without really telling her why, so I'm sure she's still confused too. I'm glad she was accurate though."

"I'll be right back." I said walking into the brush to change. I could hear his laughter the whole time at my awkwardness at him seeing me change. I would bet Cole told him that he had already seen it, and that's why he was laughing. If that was the case, I wasn't even going to ask why he was laughing.

Once I was changed Andrew lead me up the waterfall so we could look down at the pool of water. It looked so much smaller from our hieght, but I wasn't going to let fear hold me back this time. I would jump even if I was afriad, although after a fifty foot jump how bad could it be?

"On the count of three?" Andrew suggested taking my hand.

"Sure." I said smiling deviously.

"Okay, one."

I took a deep breath and let it out to relax my nerves.

"Two."

"Jump!" I yelled pulling him with me as I jumped feet first down into the pool of water. I felt his hand tighten on mine as the water crashed over us. I popped back up to see him with a smile on his face and a mischievious twinkle in his eye.

"What?"

"I don't think you want me to tell you." Andrew said, trying to hold back his laughter.

"Tell me!"

"If you insist, you're bikini top fell off."

A screech pierced my lips as my hands flew to cover my chest, but I stopped when I realized I was still wearing the bikini top. I was about to say something when Andrew said, "Gotcha!" Then he planted akiss on my lips and pulled me in for more.