Chapter 16

Sorry this is late guys, I wasn't in the writing mood and I wanted to make sure the chapter wasn't total crap. I know you don't want that, and I surely don't want to write that, so thanks for understanding.

Remember to vote and comment please! I love knowing what you guys think! :D

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Andrew had let me see the majestic oak trees in Audubon Park and had taken me to see the famous Oak valley plantation the next day. It was beautiful, so beautiful that I spent over half an hour gushing over the house and the walk up of the plantation. Then a full hour on just the beauty of the park itself; it was breath taking.

"Wow, you are so passionate." Andrew said as he wrapped me up tightly in his arms and pulled me closer.

"People say that you should fall in love with someone's passion, the sparkle they get in their eye when they are excited about something they love." I said as I cuddled into his arms just a little deeper.

"That's a good quote. I can see why when I see you get genuinely happy to set foot on this lovely property." Andrew said scanning the area around us.

I took a few more deep breaths and attempted to capture the essence of this place. Then turned to Andrew, who was looking with wonder, at the scenery around him. I saw a small smile curve onto his lips and heard him take a deep relaxed breath.

"So what's next?" I asked interrupting his moment.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to Audubon zoo, French Quarter, anything but cemeteries." He said with a laugh. "Or I could take you to a special place." He added vaguely.

"Where is this special place?" I asked, my curiosity peaking with interest.

"Well, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you about it would it?" Andrew asked with a mischievous smile.

"Will you tell me?"

"When we get there." He said as he lead me back the way we came. We walked almost step for step the way we had come to the park, right back to the Oak valley plantation.

"What are we doing here Andrew?"

"I convinced the owner to let us have dinner on the plantation. I will be making you a lovely dinner tonight, which we will sit outside so we can watch the sunset."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. "We are having dinner here?!"

"Yes, but not if we stand here all day, let's go." Andrew said with a smile as he placed a kiss on my cheek and led me toward the entrance of the house.

I felt my heart flutter, it was the perfect thing to do for me. He knew exactly what I wanted to do and had it all planned for a wonderful evening.

I never thought I would be welcomed into the house with open arms. I had no idea how Andrew had done it, but the owners greeted us then left us alone for the night. With only a few rules: No parties and no burning the house down.

They gave us directions to the kitchen, and the major parts of the house that we would probably need. Namely the bathroom, but they were so thoughtful to give directions to every room, including the bedroom. Which they made it clear we couldn't use, but wanted to tell us about anyway.

The elderly man was either overly friendly or just liked talking. Which one I couldn't be sure. I actually wasn't sure if he was the owner or if he was like a servant. Either way, he was nice enough to talk to.

"You can use the kitchen, but don't make a mess and don't go into the bedrooms." The elderly man warned us.

It was funny actually he seemed as if he thought he broke those rules he would come after us. He looked as though he was serious about what he said and meant every word. 

Andrew must have thought the same thing because he said, "Fair enough. I promise neither will happen." as the elder man left us in the house.

"What should I do while you prepare dinner?" I asked as we walked into the house with Andrew hand in hand.

"Well, would you like to help me?" He suggested opening a door to the kitchen. It revealed a fully refinished kitchen with appliances my mother back home would wish for.

"I would love to." I said taking his hand as he led me into the kitchen with a gentle smile tugging on his lips. "Although, you should that I don't cook well."

"Don't worry I will teach you." Andrew said kissing my cheek.

The food was set up for us, as if the elderly gentlemen had actually arranged it for us. It only took a few minutes for the pans to heat up and emotions to heat up as well. 

Andrew took the first few minutes to get everything set up properly since I was nervous. Last time I cooked I almost set the house on fire, and I didn't want to be the one responsible for burning down such a beautiful house. Even I would hate me, along with everyone in New Orleans and possibly the United States.

When Andrew had prepared to the point of just placing the food in the pans he took my hands and pulled me toward the stove.

"Put the steak on the plate, then pour the seasoning. That will keep it moist and tender while it is being cooked." He explained as he gently caressed my hands and body as he worked with me to make a meal that he promised I wouldn't soon forget.

I felt a growing blush come onto my cheeks as Andrew took the time to teach me how to prepare the food. It was something so simply that followed him making my dreams come true, he was perfect. There were times when he was ultra competivite, but it was just a side to him that I could grow to love. 

How could I pick between these two wonderful men? It's nearly impossible without being a part of their culture. Why couldn't I be blessed to imprint on them or just know who was meant for me?

By the time we were done, the area we were using to cook in was a complete mess. Well that's one rule broken, at least I know for sure one of them won't be broken tonight. Too bad for Andrew, I don't let that happen without being sure.

Andrew offered to clean it up and to let me sit on the porch while he did. I sat silently, smiling to myself as, this has been the perfect night and it only got better. As the sun started to set I felt Andrew's arms wrap around me and his lips on my cheek.

"The sun set is nothing compared to your beauty." He said, as he kissed me with an intense passion that few could compare to.